Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Water Pressure on Woodville Drive  (Read 1480 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Water Pressure on Woodville Drive
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 05:04:14 PM »
A very pleasant gent from UU has visited this evening and identified that there may be a slight leak at our meter and also acknowledged that there appears to be some kind of pressure fluctuation problem on the UU side of things. The next step is they will check / replace everything at the meter up to our boundary and investigate the distribution network.

Watch this space for more news..........
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 03:20:47 PM »
Ours has also been up and down recently. We're also south of Stockport Road, although not in the immediate vicinity of Woodville.

We already knew that when our water goes off it also goes off on Croxton Close but not in our neighbour's bungalow opposite. So the distribution network is obviously more complicated than you might expect! We are getting reports of the same issue all around Cross Lane and Northwood, as well as some other properties on Woodville but not all of them.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Howard

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 03:08:38 PM »
Ours has also been up and down recently. We're also south of Stockport Road, although not in the immediate vicinity of Woodville.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2020, 01:12:45 PM »
HI Admin did the get your water supply problem solved. Just interested
Not yet. I have established that it's not only us who have noticed the problem. UU are due to visit us next week.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2020, 10:45:27 AM »
We've been on Woodville Drive for 31 years now. A long time (many years) ago the water pressure deteriorated. I can't remember if we spoke to anyone at the time, but we've been resigned to it for what seem like forever. However, over the last week or more the pressure has increased considerably. It has been fantastic, the toilets filled up much quicker, the shower was brilliant, even if someone turned a tap on elsewhere in the house. We've been chuffed to bits and wondered why it happened but not looked a gift horse in the mouth.

Sadly, today the pressure is back to the old normal. It is rubbish! I've complained to UU this morning and they are coming out to have a look next week.

The reason for this post is I wondered if anyone else on Woodville or nearby has experienced this phenomenon.

I'm sure it would be really useful when talking to the engineer if I can tell him / her that it's not just us!
HI Admin did the get your water supply problem solved .just interested

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Water Pressure on Woodville Drive
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 10:22:50 AM »
We've been on Woodville Drive for 31 years now. A long time (many years) ago the water pressure deteriorated. I can't remember if we spoke to anyone at the time, but we've been resigned to it for what seem like forever. However, over the last week or more the pressure has increased considerably. It has been fantastic, the toilets filled up much quicker, the shower was brilliant, even if someone turned a tap on elsewhere in the house. We've been chuffed to bits and wondered why it happened but not looked a gift horse in the mouth.

Sadly, today the pressure is back to the old normal. It is rubbish! I've complained to UU this morning and they are coming out to have a look next week.

The reason for this post is I wondered if anyone else on Woodville or nearby has experienced this phenomenon.

I'm sure it would be really useful when talking to the engineer if I can tell him / her that it's not just us! 

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website