To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Marple Cottage Surgery – Flu jab registration.  (Read 1171 times)

mikes

Re: Marple Cottage Surgery – Flu jab registration.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 04:44:07 PM »
Easily booked through the NHS app for Marple Medical Practice. I guess the cottage surgery uses the same app

Harry

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 02:27:32 PM »
I received the text from Marple Cottage informing me that flu vaccination appointments were available. It took me about 20 seconds to sign on and make my appointment for this Friday. Excellent service.

Snowball

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 10:00:13 AM »
I had my flue jab at Marple Cottage Surgery yesterday, very efficient in and out in a minute.
Like you when I first checked through the App no flu jab appointments were available but I kept checking and suddenly a whole raft of dates and times appeared. Not sure if it’s the system that’s glitched or that they just release small batches at a time.

andrewbowden

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 09:18:55 AM »
I have access to online booking and it says there's no appointments - it's been like that for a while.  I assumed they'd stopped doing them!

Note that many pharmacies also do flu jabs - free ones if you are entitled to one.  That includes Boots and Well.  It may be easier to get one through them at this time.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 05:10:05 AM »
I've just found out that they aren't taking phone calls because the phone's too busy. If you go into the website it tells you how to fill the form when you want a repeat prescription so that might be the what the other person was talking about.

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 03:07:15 PM »
Are you registered with the practise already?  I've never had to go through any hoops with my free NHS flu jab there - I just book it like any other appointment. 

Graham

Marple Cottage Surgery – Flu jab registration.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 02:36:00 PM »
Has anybody managed to register for their flu jab (and kept their sanity)?

Having received the text message from MCS and following the instructions in the link provided i.e. supplying name, address, post code, NHS number, e-mail address, uploading photograph of oneself, then scanning your face, the same one in the photograph then being informed that I will receive an e-mail to confirm all information is correct and will be accepted. You then wait over one hour to receive in the e-mail that you have failed your registration, but not given any clue as to what is incorrect in the registration.

After three failed attempts and many hours later a visit to Boots in on the cards, always quick efficient and with no fuss.

Is it not time that Marple Cottage Surgery stopped trying to look all high tech and trendy and just concentrated on patient care, or maybe they are following the lead set by banks and everything will be on-line, much easier than having to meet the patients in person?.