A M Photo-Graphics

Author Topic: Useful ticket  (Read 1262 times)

Howard

Re: Useful ticket
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2022, 12:50:04 PM »
I've never heard of that sort of ticket. Looking at the map, that's a huge area to be able to cover for £15.20.

Condate

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2022, 05:17:01 PM »
use to use these a good while back not aware they were still available how mutch are they now

£15.20.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2022, 01:07:03 PM »
Useful info, thanks. Not really heard of these despite being a fan of exploring on dayriders.

M
use to use these a good while back not aware they were still available how mutch are they now

corium

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2022, 09:24:49 AM »
Useful info, thanks. Not really heard of these despite being a fan of exploring on dayriders.

M

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 11:33:09 PM »
I knew about the Wayfarer but it's not very well known at all from what I can tell.  Barely promoted, and difficult to obtain.  Last time I had one one of the bus drivers genuinely said "well I have not seen one of those for a long time"!  It took about ten minutes for the woman at McColls on Market Street to find it on her machine, when I went to buy it!  (Obviously a while ago)

If you are going into Derbyshire it's especially worth a look.  You can go a very long way.  First time I used one it got me on seven different buses in one day, going well beyond Buxton, to Bakewell

Condate

Useful ticket
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2022, 07:43:40 PM »
I spent today using a Greater Manchester Wayfarer. I hadn't heard of this until recently, so I thought I'd try it.

https://tfgm.com/tickets-and-passes/wayfarer-adult

It covers rail, bus and Metrolink services over quite a wide area. There are maps on the site. It costs £15.20.

I started at Marple and got a train to Piccadilly (195 107 if anyone is interested). I then got a tram to Altrincham, along the old MSJ&A route. I used the line a lot when it was heavy rail, but never before since it was converted. From Altrincham, I got a train to Stockport (150 113) and then changed to the Buxton line (150 146). I stopped there for lunch and returned to Piccadilly (150 110).  Then a tram to Bury. Bought some black pudding at the marked and back to Piccadilly. Finally, a train to Rose Hill (195 128) and a bus (11542) for the last bit.  In theory, I could go out again this evening, but I think I've had enough.

Perhaps everyone but me knew about the ticket, but if not, it's well worth looking into.