Recon-Cycle Repairs and Sales (Marple)

Author Topic: Furniture  (Read 526 times)

My login is Henrietta

Furniture
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 10:17:28 PM »
                                                FREE TO GOOD HOME

Rather old-fashioned (1990s) reclining armchair. Very comfy for curling up in but reclining mechanism needs a bit of love and attention as it sticks (oiling the mechanisation should sort it out), although it's still comfy enough as a standard non-reclining chair. It belonged to my late parents and lived in their lounge and was used on high days and holidays. Very comfy but it has to go so that I can move my furniture in. Would suit students, or others with not much money, moving into an unfurnished flat/house, or in your TV room, or in the children's play room, or even the "man-cave" at the bottom of the garden.

Tall teak sideboard - base is a spacious double cupboard, with an open shelf and glass-fronted display area on top. Good quality make and was expensive in it's day (1980s - not quite "mid-century" but close!). It divides in 2 parts for transport

FOR SALE

1950s "Gomme" (later "G Plan") sideboard "Brandon" design - still carrying the "Gomme" badge- dark "Tola" wood (often mistaken for  very dark mahogany) - excellent condition (no damage, marks or scratches) - cutlery drawer, glass-fronted display, one large deep drawer and one small deep drawer and a cocktail cabinet - Very 1950s! Stands on 4 legs. The first piece of furniture my parents bought after the end of post-war rationing. Sensible offer accepted - check prices on-line

Don't look for the light at the end of the tunnel -  stomp along there and turn the bl**dy thing on yourself!