Marple Stationery Supplies - Everything for the home, school and office

Author Topic: Co-op  (Read 459 times)

yourlocalshop

Re: Co-op
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 09:53:33 PM »
The co-op is now under offer and awaiting exchange. Its a 15 year lease at £5400 per month plus business rates. I understand the leasee is responsible for most of the fit out costs too! Thats some undertaking since its not much bigger than the other one. The site manager expects the entire site to be completed by December.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2020, 06:59:39 PM »
The issue of the footings and the cellar wasn't a sudden discovery, or it shouldn't have been. I can remember my Father telling me that one of his clients (who worked for the council) had told him that the Albert Schools was ready to fall down at any minute because of the state of the under-pinings. And that was in the 1960s when Dad was explaining why I wasn't allowed to go the the Scouts' party in the building with the rest of the Guides in my Company!

(I was extra cross about the ban because I had a huge crush on one of the scouts - he's probably a cantankerous, wizzened old man with a bald head, a hearing aid and a walking stick, now. Ho-hum, how time flies!).

Don't look for the light at the end of the tunnel -  stomp along there and turn the bl**dy thing on yourself!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2020, 06:20:10 PM »
Much more than a rumour, it's a known fact that it's going to be a Co-Op.

The lease is for sale and has been for some time........

https://realla-media.freetls.fastly.net/uploads/property/brochures/original/jdOavA5nMXWbObsXGAXEQQ

It's been discussed at length in this thread: https://www.marple-uk.com/smf/index.php?topic=6880.0

As to how long, that I don't know but the building work seems to be progressing whenever I go past.

My login is Henrietta

Co-op
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2020, 05:40:57 PM »
Sometime ago there was rumour going round the village that the Co-op was going to open a shop in the new build on Church Lane opposite Market street. Was this just village chatter or was there truth in the rumour and if the latter when can we expect it? (If the current building company ever gets on with what it's supposed to be doing)

Don't look for the light at the end of the tunnel -  stomp along there and turn the bl**dy thing on yourself!