Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: Our Parks  (Read 785 times)

amazon

Re: Our Parks
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 02:06:07 PM »
Now that the Government has recognised that closing the Parks was not a good idea it should be time to rethink what can be done, after all, weeds can still grow, trees fall over and paths disintegrate.  Although not all of these things could have been dealt with by the average group of Friends of the Parks, it is also not the time try to get the Council involved.

I believe the Friends Groups have closed down, however there must be some who are unable to work but could carry a spade or bowsaw during their allowance of exercise and deal with some of the problems without breaking any social distancing rules.

I am lucky enough to walk round Etherow Country Park and can see where a few drainage channels could do with clearing, and a tree has fallen where lopping off a few branches might open up the original path.

Unfortunately I have now reached the stage in life where simply carrying the spade a distance leaves me with no energy to wield it to any purpose, but if there are those willing to keep our parks in reasonable order can we set up a system of reporting and coordinating jobs that could be done at least until this crisis is over.
I think health safety might come into this if the have accident in etherow .whos liable .it sounds a good idea but .we just have to let things calm down a bit first .

CTCREP

Our Parks
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 09:56:06 AM »
Now that the Government has recognised that closing the Parks was not a good idea it should be time to rethink what can be done, after all, weeds can still grow, trees fall over and paths disintegrate.  Although not all of these things could have been dealt with by the average group of Friends of the Parks, it is also not the time try to get the Council involved.

I believe the Friends Groups have closed down, however there must be some who are unable to work but could carry a spade or bowsaw during their allowance of exercise and deal with some of the problems without breaking any social distancing rules.

I am lucky enough to walk round Etherow Country Park and can see where a few drainage channels could do with clearing, and a tree has fallen where lopping off a few branches might open up the original path.

Unfortunately I have now reached the stage in life where simply carrying the spade a distance leaves me with no energy to wield it to any purpose, but if there are those willing to keep our parks in reasonable order can we set up a system of reporting and coordinating jobs that could be done at least until this crisis is over.