Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Marple Website online Adventure Film Festival  (Read 7147 times)

amazon

Re: Marple Website online Adventure Film Festival
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2020, 02:58:27 PM »
WOW Best yet!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2020, 06:50:10 AM »
Marple Website online Adventure Film Festival

Thank you for the encouragement :)

Today's film is a little bit of everything that you shouldn't try at home! Hold your breath for 6 minutes in.........

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2020, 10:24:40 PM »
Enjoying them all, keep them coming!

rsmercer

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 09:15:27 PM »
We are enjoying the daily films - thanks for posting them! Our favourites so far are A Mile an Hour, Weightless and the Lorax Project  :)

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 05:15:46 AM »

Today's film is called "The Imaginary Line". It's a about a team of "slack-liners" from the USA and Mexico who wanted to make a statement about unity across the border.

Is anyone else watching and enjoying these daily videos in addition to amazon and me?

It would be great to know what you think of them so far, which is your favourite, and maybe receive some nominations for new additions too.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 06:59:38 AM »

I'm a big fan of canoeing but I'd not come across the sport of vertical kayaking before. Every year there is a Kayak Short Film Competition and the best 3 entries are put together in a reel. Today's addition is from 2017 but if you like it you can watch many others on Youtube. You may get some adverts popping in but you can skip or close them after a few seconds.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 12:17:32 PM »

Today I'm going back to one of the best films from Marple Scouts Film Festival, A Mile an Hour, so for those who've already seen it I've popped in another called Danny Day Care.

Keep then coming good entertainment .and im fine mark thanks for email .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 06:33:03 AM »

Today I'm going back to one of the best films from Marple Scouts Film Festival, A Mile an Hour, so for those who've already seen it I've popped in another called Danny Day Care.

So first, Beau Miles "A different kind of marathon; running one lap an hour, for 24hrs, around my perfectly mile long block. The rest of the time I do as much as possible; making things, odd jobs, fixing stuff. It's about running, doing, and thinking."

And in his latest film Danny Macaskill takes on some child care the only way he knows how...  by taking them for a wee bike ride around Scotland!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 07:23:32 AM »

After The Last Honey Hunter's torment about how he lived his life yesterday, and eventually took it, today's film is a little more uplifting as we "witness the joys and wonders of nature through the eyes of Snowflake, an eccentric Swiss skier with a life philosophy just as beautiful and perfectly unique as his namesake".

As Snowflake is only 7 minutes long I've just popping in one of my favourites that you may have seen before but is definitely worth a second or third watch. It's called Weightless by Jean-Baptiste Chandelier:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 06:16:09 AM »

In the steep mountain jungles of Nepal’s Hongu river valley, members of the isolated Kulung culture have risked their lives for generations scaling dangerous cliffs to collect a wild and toxic honey. Deep and dark, the film glides through a misty world of forest spirits, dreams, and woodsmoke to share the story of the leader of the harvest and his final journey.

The photography in this one is incredible. Although you can watch all these films while they are embedded in the forum page, the experience will be better if you view them full-size. To do that click the little icon to expand them full-screen.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 06:58:57 AM »
Very good keep them coming if you can.

Good that you're enjoying them @amazon

Today's film is a longer one but it's a real cracker - gives me the collywobbles just watching it!

Six friends embark on a determined quest to climb, and then BASE jump 'The Lorax', a formidable climb on Frenchman's Cap in remote western Tasmania. Surrounded by some of the most pristine wilderness in all of Australia, they contend with extreme weather and rugged terrain, relying on each other's skills and humour to fulfil their mission.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 12:22:47 PM »
Very good keep them coming if you can.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 06:44:31 AM »

Today's film is one that was shown at the last Marple Scouts Adventure Film Festival in November 2019.

"Ultra-runners overcome obstacles on every trail. In this film, Force of Nature Mirna Valerio overcomes the negative voices that don’t believe she belongs in the sport."

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 07:49:32 AM »

Stumbled across this great film from Gnarly Bay called "Sand in the Sky" and it gave a few minutes distraction from current matters.

It's a similar type of film to those shown at the Marple Scouts Adventure Film Festival to raise funds for the Scout Hut,

I'll look at sharing another one tomorrow and feel free to share any that inspire you in this thread too.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website