Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Buzzing for Mellor Country House  (Read 1228 times)

Stationery Supplies

Re: Buzzing for Mellor Country House
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2020, 09:39:40 AM »
I'm completely amazed!

£3634 + £756 gift aid!

Enough money to rung Mellor Country House for one whole month!

Thank you all so much, you have all helped save a much loved local charity, community pulling together at it's best.

Massive thanks to my husband and demon barber - Matthew.
Our daughters aka Laker Inc Studios for videoing and photography - Molly and Frances
Goodness Marketing - Karen Webber
And Jane from Sherlocks, Marple Bridge for hair advice.

Yours in awe of the community support

Sarah x

[attachment deleted by admin]

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Re: Buzzing for Mellor Country House
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
The deed is done and you can watch back here:

Well done Sarah at @Stationery Supplies !

You can still donate to Mellor Country House here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sarah-laker-buzz
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Stationery Supplies

Buzzing for Mellor Country House
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2020, 10:59:23 AM »
Buzzing for Mellor Country House with Sarah from Marple Stationery Supplies

In these difficult times, communities need to come together more than ever to keep each other safe, but also to support the places we want to still be here when this is all over.
I have appreciated every single order placed through my website www.giraffegifts.co.uk, because it has kept things ticking over for Stationery Supplies.

My heart broke when I saw the dire position Mellor Country House is in due to the pandemic: funding dried up, savings rapidly depleting, and running costs still needing to be covered.

My business has supported this wonderful local charity for many years, and the Laker family has supported it even longer.

Their work changes lives. Imagine growing up in hardship, having never seen a field or farm animals, then arriving at Mellor for a holiday with a parent, learning to ride a bike and running around outside freely. Or being a victim of domestic abuse and being able to relax in the idyllic setting of Mellor Country House.

This charity is literally a lifesaver to many, and a future without it in our local area is unimaginable.

With its annual plant sale and other fundraising activities cancelled for this year, it is up to us in the community to ensure its future.

So on Sunday, 10 May, I’m going to do my part - but I need your help.

I’m getting a lockdown headshave courtesy of my husband Matthew, who has no haircutting experience whatsoever (I usually only trust the good folks of Sherlocks Hair near my ‘do!).

Will you sponsor my hair-brained act to help Mellor Country House?

You can watch live on my facebook page at 12 midday Sun 10th May! https://www.facebook.com/StationerySuppliesOnline/

Sarah x

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/sarah-laker-buzz