Marple Blasting Services | Blast Cleaning Stockport

Author Topic: Green Bins  (Read 13318 times)

andrewbowden

Re: Green Bins
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2020, 07:00:41 AM »
Such as having residents who will put up with a second rate service even though we pay the highest council taxes in Greater Manchester?

Okay, maybe I need to spell it out more bluntly.

Maybe Stockport has more staff off work than Manchester.

Maybe Manchester residents produce less garden waste per household so it's easier to restart.

Maybe they have more trained HGV drivers that they have been able to redeploy onto bin lorries.

Maybe they have cut some other services that others would consider critical in order to do the bins.

Maybe Stockport have taken the decision to keep collections suspended in order to help protect their staff who cannot easily self isolate due to the size of a bin lorry, whilst Manchester have gone "sod it, people need to be able to garden is far more important than the safety of all our staff."

Maybe - just maybe - Stockport are about to restart green bin collections and haven't announced it.

And let's also be extremely blunt here.  Until very recently when Oldham took the top spot, Stockport had the worst - THE WORST - rates of Covid-19 in Greater Manchester.  The North West has more cases than London.  We are in the middle of a major pandemic.  We have the worst death rate in Europe

My green bin is full because I had to trim the hedge at weekend.  And you know what, I do not care one bit that it is full because frankly it does not matter one bit.

By the way, Tameside never suspended theirs.  If you are going to moan and try and make comparisons without information, pick a good one.

Dave

« Reply #85 on: May 05, 2020, 11:35:26 PM »
Perhaps because they have different circumstances that allows them to do different things?

Such as having residents who will put up with a second rate service even though we pay the highest council taxes in Greater Manchester?

andrewbowden

« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2020, 10:25:02 PM »
Manchester is collecting green bin waste every two weeks from next week, why isn’t Stockport?

Perhaps because they have different circumstances that allows them to do different things?

mikes

« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2020, 09:34:17 PM »
Manchester is collecting green bin waste every two weeks from next week, why isn’t Stockport?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #82 on: April 15, 2020, 10:17:44 AM »
Please can the green bin thread be closed now.
 ::) ::) ::) ::)
The trick is not to post in it any more :)
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

jimblob

« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2020, 09:50:41 AM »
Please can the green bin thread be closed now.
 ::) ::) ::) ::)

Deniseredmini

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2020, 06:49:53 PM »
Green bin emptied.  Thank you to the councillors who sorted out this last bin collection.

amazon

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2020, 11:21:53 AM »
Green bins being emptied in Mellor right now 😊
And lower fold .

Dave

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2020, 08:22:29 AM »
Green bins being emptied in Mellor right now 😊

Barbara

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2020, 08:04:16 AM »
I think we owe the council a vote of thanks for organising this last collection so that we have a clear start.   :)

mikes

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2020, 08:09:28 PM »
Hibbert Lane was done today.

andrewbowden

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2020, 07:46:04 PM »
Can any councillors on here throw any light on why our green bins haven't been emptied?  On the artists estate (Constable Drive etc).  Will they be done tomorrow?  I double checked the council website and they are definitely down for today.

Thanks.

It says on the website

"If your green bin is not collected, please leave it out as it'll still be collected within the next few days."
https://www.stockport.gov.uk/bins-and-recycling-coronavirus

So don't worry.  They are probably on their way.  Just leave your bin out and hopefully it will be sorted.

Deniseredmini

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2020, 07:06:31 PM »
Can any councillors on here throw any light on why our green bins haven't been emptied?  On the artists estate (Constable Drive etc).  Will they be done tomorrow?  I double checked the council website and they are definitely down for today.

Thanks.

Melancholyflower

« Reply #73 on: April 09, 2020, 08:35:53 PM »
Thanks all who made the efforts to get the collection on.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #72 on: April 09, 2020, 05:53:50 AM »
On the revised schedule there is a green bin collection showing on June 1st ........

With regard to the council's web site showing the next green collection on 1st June, I wouldn't treat this as an actual promised date. I think the system they have forces them to put a next date in, they can't take the green bin off completely without re-writing the software. So they are showing a date that is pushed back out of the immediate time window that may or may not happen. It is quite likely that the date will move back further when we get closer to it. Apart from the "additional" collection on Monday 13th (for us but different for others) the key message is.....

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website