Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Green Bins  (Read 13341 times)

andrewbowden

Re: Green Bins
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2020, 09:41:37 PM »
So Manchester is doing what Stockport ought to have done - give residents (and council tax payers) a week’s notice. It probably wasn’t difficult 🙄

Who knows about the circumstances?  Maybe Manchester has more drivers?  Fewer off sick?  Maybe they sacrificed something else in order to do it?  Or maybe doing it will end up causing them other problems? 

Who knows unless you are the people who knows the details and the facts on both sides.

Everything else is just speculation.

Dave

« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2020, 06:59:01 PM »
So Manchester is doing what Stockport ought to have done - give residents (and council tax payers) a week’s notice. It probably wasn’t difficult 🙄

andrewbowden

« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2020, 06:22:24 PM »
Does anyone know if this final green bill collection applies to Stockport? This from the MEN>

Green bins containing garden and food waste will be collected from Manchester residents one last time before the service is stopped for the foreseeable future.

Due to staffing shortages caused by the pandemic, the city council announced last week that household waste and other recycling would be prioritised over green bins.

But a one-off collection has now been scheduled between Monday April 6 and Friday April 10 to make sure any stored-up organic waste is taken away.

That's Manchester City Council, so it doesn't apply.

tigerman

« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2020, 05:51:51 PM »
 Does anyone know if this final green bill collection applies to Stockport? This from the MEN>

Green bins containing garden and food waste will be collected from Manchester residents one last time before the service is stopped for the foreseeable future.

Due to staffing shortages caused by the pandemic, the city council announced last week that household waste and other recycling would be prioritised over green bins.

But a one-off collection has now been scheduled between Monday April 6 and Friday April 10 to make sure any stored-up organic waste is taken away.

Cyberman

« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2020, 01:46:44 PM »
I see a green bin and I want to paint it black"... I bet Keith Richards and Mick Jagger could never have imagined they're 1966 classic re-invented.
A re-release with "Ventilator Blues" as the B-side?

jimblob

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2020, 11:53:40 AM »
no green bin collection until June..  I may paint my green bin black  8)
I see a green bin and I want to paint it black"... I bet Keith Richards and Mick Jagger could never have imagined they're 1966 classic re-invented.

ROTHERS

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2020, 10:00:24 AM »
no green bin collection until June..  I may paint my green bin black  8)

amazon

« Reply #49 on: April 02, 2020, 09:30:01 PM »
Am I alone in my wish never to hear the phrase ‘ramping up’ again? Especially when the promised ‘ramping’ fails to occur 🙄
From Green bins to ramping up

Dave

« Reply #48 on: April 02, 2020, 08:21:35 PM »
Am I alone in my wish never to hear the phrase ‘ramping up’ again? Especially when the promised ‘ramping’ fails to occur 🙄

marpleexile

« Reply #47 on: April 02, 2020, 08:13:18 PM »
That is not unexpected given how much context they have with a wide rang of people.    After all the post bar/pub "clients" were more likely to have been infected themselves.

Also, self-isolation/quarantine is ramping up those numbers. It's not that 1 in 5 police are ill, it's that 1 in 5 are not in work for virus related reasons.

This is also why the lack of testing has been a problem - there are scores of NHS staff off work as a precaution because they "might" have it (because someone they've been in contact with does have it, or because they have one or two mild symptoms that might be CV19, but also might be just a normal cold, etc, etc) - but hopefully that should ease over the next week or two if the promised testing ramps up quick enough.

ringi

« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2020, 07:27:56 PM »
one in five seems an inordinately high perentage compared to the rest of the population.

That is not unexpected given how much context they have with a wide rang of people.    After all the post bar/pub "clients" were more likely to have been infected themselves.

jimblob

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2020, 02:21:47 PM »
Oh what did I say about our moaner in chief
My first post on this thread wheels. Nice to know I'm in your thoughts though.

wheels

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2020, 01:52:02 PM »
Oh what did I say about our moaner in chief

jimblob

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2020, 01:37:50 PM »
I read yesterday that a fifth - one in five - police officers are currently off work ill or isolating.
one in five seems an inordinately high perentage compared to the rest of the population.

as to the council's info on bin collections, they might bother to update their website.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dave

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2020, 12:55:39 PM »
Andrew’s sheer reasonableness is admirable, but I think marple exile doesn’t have a point. OK, so the refuse and recycling service found itself suddenly short-staffed, so it could not provide any notice of the withdrawal of green bin collections. But there were still other creative solutions which could have been adopted. For example, why not announce that before green bin collections cease, there will be a final collection which will replace a blue bin collection. Paper and cardboard do not rot or smell so it would be no problem if it had to wait longer than usual to be collected.

That said, this is not a big issue compared with other problems that so many people are facing in these extraordinary times.