Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Green Bins  (Read 13305 times)

wheels

Re: Green Bins
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2020, 11:17:37 PM »
Oh this is getting as vicious a debate as when Asda wanted to build on the college site. Said in humour just in case anyone take me too seriously. 

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2020, 09:18:37 PM »
Why were you out Bike riding you are suposed to stay in i no people that have been in three weeks .and you go out bike riding were did you go Peak district .the mind boggles you could be a spreader .i may report this
Calm down @amazon , we have been told by the PM that we can go out for exercise once a day and the acceptable forms of exercise are walking, running and cycling. That's all @andrewbowden will have been doing - cycling on streets local to where he lives. Currently that is permitted.

Can you drive a bin wagon they are short of staff theres a virus about it was explained to you on the email that was sent out ,
And here, @Dave is not ranting and raving, he's just making a suggestion that could make things a little better without increasing the demand on the bin collectors.

Things seem to be getting to you a little, which is not surprising, just try and chill out a bit!
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2020, 09:18:02 PM »
Why were you out Bike riding you are suposed to stay in i no people that have been in three weeks .and you go out bike riding were did you go Peak district .the mind boggles you could be a spreader .i may report this

I hope you are joking.

But if not, we are all allowed out to get some exercise.  Presumably because the health benefits of exercise are very well known.

Since 20 March I have been out on my bike (mostly at night when it's quiet, but sometimes early morning) nine times riding round the local area trying to keep myself fit and healthy because if I do get this virus, being fit and healthy will help.  Exercise also helps my asthma.  I haven't been to the Peak District. Although I did ride to New Mills and back.

In all seriousness, I would encourage people to go out and get some exercise whilst abiding by all official edicts. It will do you good.

amazon

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2020, 08:35:25 PM »
There's definitely more than a few out there, but equally I went out last night for a bike ride and was actually surprised how few bins there were.  Given the (understable) less than ideal messaging, it has got through to a lot of people.

amazon

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2020, 08:30:19 PM »
Looks like our green bins are going to remain unemptied, despite Cllr Gribbon’s best efforts.!

A suggestion: as we have all been somewhat let down by the lack of notice, could the council make amends by providing a one-off green bin collection next week, instead of the blue bin collection which will be due. As paper and cardboard don’t rot or smell like food and garden waste, missing the odd blue bin collection would not be a great problem.

Just an idea......
Can you drive a bin wagon they are short of staff theres a virus about it was explained to you on the email that was sent out ,

Dave

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2020, 05:44:34 PM »
Thanks for all your efforts Steve - much appreciated. And there seem to have been plenty of people who put their bins out today not knowing that they would not be emptied. Walking the dog down Longhurst Lane this afternoon I lost count of the number of full green bins standing on the pavements!

As admin so rightly says:
it's a pretty small thing in relation to everything else that's going on, but if you can get something sorted it would be great!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2020, 05:30:45 PM »
We have last week requested that the green bin now be used instead of the black bin as more can be put inside and collected including what is already in there. We have received an email today advising this is now under consideration.

Thanks for continuing to try @Steve Gribbon

For us, with two full green bins already, at least one of them would need to be emptied before we could use it instead of the black. So our next collection would need to be green and black, as we'll have to carry on using the black bin in the meantime. I think @Dave's idea of swapping a green bin emptying for a blue one is a very good one. He's right, we can hang onto cardboard for as long as necessary to be honest - although perhaps some would have space problems.

Personally I don't want to make a huge deal of this, it's a pretty small thing in relation to everything else that's going on, but if you can get something sorted it would be great!

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2020, 05:15:24 PM »
Good afternoon site colleagues. I’m back and trying again.

I have just posted this on some social media sites. I appreciate it’s not perfect but I’m optimistic as ever something could be done..........

Good afternoon.

Recently your local Councillors have been trying to get an extra green bin collection to empty what has been deposited. Due to refuse workers self isolating their numbers are low at present (I’m sure we all have seen how hard they have been working to help with this situation).
We have last week requested that the green bin now be used instead of the black bin as more can be put inside and collected including what is already in there. We have received an email today advising this is now under consideration.

i appreciate it doesn’t solve the issue immediately (my own green bin is well over half full) but we doing what we can to help our residents and we will continue to do so during this difficult time. We will of course update whenever we can.

Thanks in anticipation for your patience.

Steve

Cllr Steve Gribbon on behalf of your local Councillors.

ROTHERS

« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2020, 04:43:03 PM »

Dave

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2020, 04:00:47 PM »
Looks like our green bins are going to remain unemptied, despite Cllr Gribbon’s best efforts.!

A suggestion: as we have all been somewhat let down by the lack of notice, could the council make amends by providing a one-off green bin collection next week, instead of the blue bin collection which will be due. As paper and cardboard don’t rot or smell like food and garden waste, missing the odd blue bin collection would not be a great problem.

Just an idea......

ROTHERS

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2020, 08:36:46 AM »
just asked my black bin collector, the green ones are not being collected.

andrewbowden

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2020, 08:02:55 AM »
Looks like a good proportion of Marple has put out their green bins in the hope that you are successful in organising one final collection @Steve Gribbon !

There's definitely more than a few out there, but equally I went out last night for a bike ride and was actually surprised how few bins there were.  Given the (understable) less than ideal messaging, it has got through to a lot of people.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2020, 06:54:59 AM »
Good morning.

With reference to the recent changes to bin collections, I and other Councillors have contacted the Council to ask for one extra green collection to take place so what has been deposited can be collected.
Several residents have been in touch with their concerns and these have been passed forward with your local Councillors support.

I will update with any responses as soon as they arrive.

Kind regards

Steve

Looks like a good proportion of Marple has put out their green bins in the hope that you are successful in organising one final collection @Steve Gribbon !
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Razzle24

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2020, 08:00:01 PM »
Steve did you get any update to this? As collection is tomorrow and lots of green bins are now full as a result of the good weather and having to stay in.

Also Stockport MBC have increased the council tax in excess of inflation & is this something that they should be doing when lots of people are taking 20% + paycuts? Will this be reviewed as a result of Coronavirus?

Dave

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 12:32:49 PM »
Thanks Steve - greatly appreciated  :)