Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Car Parking  (Read 1691 times)

wheels

Re: Car Parking
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2020, 06:21:45 PM »
Yes I accept as reasonably the last two points.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 05:49:26 PM »
There is an advantage that car parks and meters will not have to be policed by wardens (so they can stay home like most of us) and also parking machines will not fill up with cash, so less tempting to those with a criminal mindset.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

prestbury

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 03:58:10 PM »
Seems an odd decision to me it certainly gives a mixed message about people going out. It's almost an encouragement for them to do so.

In many area's around the town going on a brief visit to a supermarket / local shop,  involves using a civic car park. In the inetrest of health it is far better that such persons do not have to press buttons on parking machines that have had god knows how many fingers over them.

andrewbowden

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 11:11:28 PM »
Seems an odd decision to me it certainly gives a mixed message about people going out. It's almost an encouragement for them to do so.

Go out and do what though?  Apart from a few shops, everywhere is closed.  I looked in at the Church Lane free car park earlier and it was pretty quiet.  I can't imagine people rushing to a council car park just because it is free given there is nothing to do

wheels

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 09:33:10 PM »

Lily

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 08:40:59 PM »
Malcolm Allan has posted on the  ‘Marple Covid19 Mutual Aid Group’ topic that all parking charges have now been suspended.

amazon

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 08:33:48 PM »
Whish i was on a final salary pension 1 pension only me .
And cr parking charges have been suspended for all .

amazon

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 03:37:38 PM »
Isn't paying for your parking spending? It also seems to me that we wrinklies most of whom are on final salary pensions are the least hit by this plus we are not spending on our monthly holidays.
Whish i was on a final salary pension 1 pension only me .

wheels

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 11:45:46 AM »
Isn't paying for your parking spending? It also seems to me that we wrinklies most of whom are on final salary pensions are the least hit by this plus we are not spending on our monthly holidays.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 10:54:08 AM »
Yes that's my understanding too. There is absolutely no reason for the rest of us not to pay, particularly we wrinklies.
Its called money .less money they recieve less to spend .

wheels

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 08:42:46 AM »
Just had a look on SMBC's website and it says Key Workers can park for free from 25th March.

Yes that's my understanding too. There is absolutely no reason for the rest of us not to pay, particularly we wrinklies.

the rover

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 08:33:50 AM »
Just had a look on SMBC's website and it says Key Workers can park for free from 25th March.

wheels

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 12:01:13 AM »
It's not how I read the Council's Web site which seems to say free parking for key workers. I assume anyone else doing a bit of shopping still pays. We must be looking at different bits of the Council's Web site.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 09:30:20 PM »
It has now been announced that all on street parking and car parks in the Stockport borough are to be  free 3 Months and reviewed after that, the meters will be emptied and notices put on them.
Will there be anyone using them .

badger

Car Parking
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:22:54 PM »
It has now been announced that all on street parking and car parks in the Stockport borough are to be  free 3 Months and reviewed after that, the meters will be emptied and notices put on them.