Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: Discussions on: Marple Covid19 Mutual Aid Group  (Read 1277 times)

wheels

Re: Discussions on: Marple Covid19 Mutual Aid Group
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 10:06:41 AM »
That's very unsful information.  I assume the insurance companies are in line with that?

Condate

nbt

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 09:45:53 AM »
I got an email today from my dealer/MOT centre telling me it is closing due to the new regulations (except for NHS staff vehicles). My MOT (or at least, my car's) runs out in May. I hope there is some clarity on the situation before then.

MOTs extended by six months

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1242738723466469380
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

wheels

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 09:28:05 AM »
Anyone got any word on Claudios?

Condate

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 05:44:25 PM »
Malcolm,

Mot's are another issue which will start to concern people as they become due. I see buses, trailers and lorries have been been a three month break but there has been no announcement about the private car and this will start to worry particularly older people.

I got an email today from my dealer/MOT centre telling me it is closing due to the new regulations (except for NHS staff vehicles). My MOT (or at least, my car's) runs out in May. I hope there is some clarity on the situation before then.

andrewbowden

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 08:54:09 AM »
Chaat Cart were definitely doing takeaway/delivery from their Sheffield branch - they tweeted about it on 22 March.  They did moot doing deliveries round here, providing food to cook at home etc on 18th.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ChaatCart/status/1240249729319124992

If they do, I'll definitely be ordering.  Takeaways and deliveries are still allowed to operate (for now.)  But with everything changing so quickly at the minute, and with restrictions increasing, I guess it be harder - perhaps very difficult - to get something brand new off the ground.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 08:25:58 AM »
I thought Chaat Cart closed a couple of months ago?

The restaurant in Marple did but as of 22nd as I understand it they were trialling home delivery. They were then waiting for news about building access to their kitchen (in the Produce Hall I think) but were hoping to continue a collection and delivery service. But the situation may have changed since then.

Shame they didn't stay in Marple, I understand Marple is the only branch of Ankor Soul that remains open and they are struggling to meet demand for take-out / delivery.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

nbt

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 08:19:28 AM »
I thought Chaat Cart closed a couple of months ago?
NBT: Notoriously Bad Typist

wheels

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 09:12:35 PM »
Thanks for that information Andrew I'll ask. You are perfectly correct about the knock on effects Howard, mine is being done by a main dealer in Stockport so would involve two bus journeys.

Howard

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 04:49:50 PM »
Some garages do a pick up service, usually for a charge but some are waiving this fee.  An option whilst garages remain open and still doing routine work.

Mine's being done this week. I'll take it down to the test centre, hand the key over. When they've tested it, I'll walk over to fetch it, glove up, pay and then wipe the inside of the car down before I drive it home. I have to have the MOT done or the tax will run out and then I won't be able to re insure it next month.

andrewbowden

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 01:01:38 PM »
Malcolm,

Mot's are another issue which will start to concern people as they become due. I see buses, trailers and lorries have been been a three month break but there has been no announcement about the private car and this will start to worry particularly older people.

Some garages do a pick up service, usually for a charge but some are waiving this fee.  An option whilst garages remain open and still doing routine work.

wheels

Discussions on: Marple Covid19 Mutual Aid Group
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 10:38:24 AM »
Malcolm,