Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: Recycling at Rose Hill  (Read 1337 times)

the rover

Re: Recycling at Rose Hill
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2020, 04:34:54 PM »
Wouldn't worry about it as all tips have now been closed as they are classed as non-essential.

jimblob

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 10:18:22 AM »
This is absolutely ridiculous. The design of the redcycling centre actually DOES incorporate a safe walkway. Using safety as a reason is unnacceptable. I also live nearby and very often visit with a wheelbarrow after a sunday gardening stint. Forcing the public to drive is stupid enough, but as Cllr Mcallister points out, common sense does seem to have been thrown out of the window. Also, to give the allotment special privelges and not a householder another 50 metres away is clear discrminiation, as is allowing access only by car. Some people choose not to use a car or simply don't have one.

Howard

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 04:46:17 PM »
I think you're right. Anyone who needs more than 52 personal trips a year needs to take a good hard look at their lifestyle!

CTCREP

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 12:56:55 PM »
Hello and apologies for skipping through the message.  I have listened to about 10 minutes of the discussion about taking rubbish to the tip.  I now realise car entries are to be limited to 52 per year - sounds fair enough to me, and generally,  hand brought rubbish will be personally accepted by an operative in most cases.  I must have missed an earlier notification.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 10:11:44 PM »
Hello Steve, thanks for the link, but can you say what time the issue was discussed., or what the problem is?  I don't want to trawl through the whole proceedings.
Just go to 1hr 11 minutes like he said.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

CTCREP

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 05:26:27 PM »
Hello Steve, thanks for the link, but can you say what time the issue was discussed., or what the problem is?  I don't want to trawl through the whole proceedings.

jimblob

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 08:46:46 AM »
I live nearby and have barrowed all sorts of waste there on foot in the past. God help the "operative" that tries to stop me. Rose hill recycling is a joke. Noisy machinery running all hours, Saturday and Sunday evenings through summer. I've had near misses as their container lorry drivers cut the corner turning into Railway Road. The site is now operated by Suez, Viridor lost the contract

Steve Gribbon

Recycling at Rose Hill
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 01:52:04 PM »
Good afternoon

At Marple Area Committee last night I asked a question which was followed on with further questions regarding recycling and public access. The discussion is on the link below from approximately 1 hour 11 minutes.

I took something to the plant this morning using the public access/walking route and did this without challenge. I am aware others have had some difficulties with this though. Hopefully the discussion may provide some clarification.

How I see it (and this is simply my opinion) that a member of staff should take your item off you if you are stopped. There is a clearly defined public walking route which may not be at other recycling plants, I have tried to contact the Council officers today to follow up from last night and I'm waiting to hear back. I appreciate this isn't 100% clear but all being well common sense will prevail for those wanting to use the walk on facility with domestic waste.

https://stockport.public-i.tv/core/portal/webcast_interactive/477973

Kind regards

Steve