Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Proposed withdrawl of the 375 bus route between Marple and Mellor  (Read 7651 times)

corium

Re: Proposed withdrawl of the 375 bus route between Marple and Mellor
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2021, 10:01:33 AM »
Andrew

Thanks, haven't had to use system 1 before but see it would meet my needs and yes , more expensive but not that much.

Condate

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2021, 05:21:34 PM »
Has the 394 changed changed operaters  different busses on that route at the moment .

I have noticed the occasional Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 City CV instead of the usual Alexander Dennis Enviro 400 and Alexander Dennis Enviro 400MMC.

Stagecoach seem to have introduced a few new models recently.

andrewbowden

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2021, 04:52:57 PM »
Has the 394 changed changed operaters  different busses on that route at the moment .

High Peak had "staffing issues as a result of the Covid emergency" so they were temporarily run by another company on behalf of High Peak.  Caused a lot of problems - they had to cut a lot of services.  At one point the 394 wasn't going to run at all.  In the end another company stood in.  Should be back to normal now - I saw a High Peak bus on Monday.

andrewbowden

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2021, 04:50:12 PM »
Appears Stagecoach will no longer be running the 375 route - being transferred to  little gem (@littlegembus). I guess,  but don't know,  tickets will not be transferable so probably no hopping onto faster buses in Marple neither do I know implications for schoolchildren using 375. Perhaps one of the councillors could let us know whether interchangeable tickets with Stagecoach will be issued, ditto whether the route will be unchanged

System One Travelcards allow you to use one ticket on multiple operators.  Bit more expensive, and obviously not pushed strongly by operators as they'll get a bigger cut selling you their own ticket.
https://systemonetravel.co.uk

Little Gem isn't listed clearly on the System One website, but they're part of Go Goodwins who are.

amazon

« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2021, 03:05:10 PM »
Appears Stagecoach will no longer be running the 375 route - being transferred to  little gem (@littlegembus). I guess,  but don't know,  tickets will not be transferable so probably no hopping onto faster buses in Marple neither do I know implications for schoolchildren using 375. Perhaps one of the councillors could let us know whether interchangeable tickets with Stagecoach will be issued, ditto whether the route will be unchanged

corium

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2021, 02:57:26 PM »
PS Would also be useful to know if concessionary passes will also be valid. Doesn't affect me but will many in Mellor.

corium

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2021, 02:31:01 PM »

andrewbowden

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2020, 10:23:48 AM »
Great news!  I look forward to being able to use it again!

Dave

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2020, 10:16:11 AM »
That’s great news Steve - thank you and well done to you and other councillors who worked hard to get the original decision reversed 👏👏

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2020, 10:07:26 AM »
***375 Bus***

Good morning

I am delighted to say that the 375 bus will be continued following a reversal in decision by TfGM. This has come large in part because of the weight of support our fantastic local community provided. Thank you very much to all who helped by petition signing, sending messages of support and providing evidence of why the service was so badly needed. Our petition is closing in on 4000 which is an incredible effort.

When travels restrictions are lifted lets do our best to use our local public services to ensure this sort of situation doesn’t happen for us again.

Kind regards and stay safe

Steve

andrewbowden

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2020, 10:43:18 AM »
Bus companies have to formally register changers to their services in advance of implementing them.  As part of their April timetable change, Stagecoach have now formally submitted the paperwork for withdrawing the whole of the 375 - including the commercial section between Stockport and Marple.  So obviously they've made their decision not to keep any part of the route running.

Sources here:
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.service.gov.uk/search/find-registered-local-bus-services/details/544904/
https://bustimes.org/registrations/PC0003681/90

Has to be stressed, this is just Stagecoach going through the proper process and making its own commercial decisions. 

amazon

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2020, 05:08:50 PM »
Not sure what you can do to help, Henrietta, apart from sign the petition. But there is a meeting about the proposed cut at Mellor Primary School next Saturday at 10 am - you can still get there on the bus!

Amazon, do you mind if I make a suggestion? It really isn’t necessary to clog up the forum by quoting everyone else’s post in full. Just saying.... 😏
Ok would you like me to leave the forum .

Dave

« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2020, 08:58:27 AM »
Not sure what you can do to help, Henrietta, apart from sign the petition. But there is a meeting about the proposed cut at Mellor Primary School next Saturday at 10 am - you can still get there on the bus!

Amazon, do you mind if I make a suggestion? It really isn’t necessary to clog up the forum by quoting everyone else’s post in full. Just saying.... 😏

amazon

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2020, 08:19:47 PM »
What can I do to help?

I live on Buxton Lane and (due to severe arthritis which stops me driving and also makes walking any distance extremely difficult.) I use this bus regularly to get into Marple and do my shopping. It's bad enough that there isn't a regular service now but if "they" get rid of this service there will be only one service (394) to get into Marple, and to Stepping Hill and that is only a 2 hourly service. (and they wanted to axe that a while back!)

And heaven help people who live in Mellor and can't drive or don't have access to a car in the day time. I'm fed up with people assuming that everyone can drive and has a car. Mind you,  in Mellor you can buy your horse a new rug and a bottle of wine for yourself but as far as I can see by looking on line, there isn't anywhere that sells essential food for humans. Ok, there are taxis -but how long does it take for the nearest taxi to get to someone in Mellor and can they afford the regular fees?

And don't say "There's always Ocado". Which old lady or gentleman can store a large order of food and necessaries and if they don't have a car they probably can't afford an Ocado order anyway.

As I say, what can I do to help?
Have you signed the petition .

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2020, 06:05:15 PM »
What can I do to help?

I live on Buxton Lane and (due to severe arthritis which stops me driving and also makes walking any distance extremely difficult.) I use this bus regularly to get into Marple and do my shopping. It's bad enough that there isn't a regular service now but if "they" get rid of this service there will be only one service (394) to get into Marple, and to Stepping Hill and that is only a 2 hourly service. (and they wanted to axe that a while back!)

And heaven help people who live in Mellor and can't drive or don't have access to a car in the day time. I'm fed up with people assuming that everyone can drive and has a car. Mind you,  in Mellor you can buy your horse a new rug and a bottle of wine for yourself but as far as I can see by looking on line, there isn't anywhere that sells essential food for humans. Ok, there are taxis -but how long does it take for the nearest taxi to get to someone in Mellor and can they afford the regular fees?

And don't say "There's always Ocado". Which old lady or gentleman can store a large order of food and necessaries and if they don't have a car they probably can't afford an Ocado order anyway
As I mentioned earlier, the section between Marple and Stockport is run commercially by Stagecoach.  It is not in the power of Transport for Greater Manchester to scrap that section - that decision can only be made by Stagecoach.

So unless Stagecoach have decided to withdraw it at, then that section will remain.

If for some reason they did decide they no longer wanted to run the Stockport to Marple section them Transport for Greater Manchester would have to review it and determine if they wanted to subsidise that service to keep it running.

Basically nothing happened on Friday that meant the whole of the 375 would be axed.  Just the Mellor/Marple section.

As I say, what can I do to help?