Consulting Structural & Civil Engineers in Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Limiting how often we use the tip  (Read 3484 times)

amazon

Re: Limiting how often we use the tip
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2019, 05:49:11 PM »
This doesn't seem like a very good idea.

I'd wager most people won't understand the distinction between 1 visit per week, and an average of 1 visit per week, and will fly tip because they think they can't go back to the tip this week.

Meanwhile, the dodgy types who this is supposedly being aimed at will just continue to flout the rules.
So how often do you go to the tip per week

marpleexile

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 05:41:43 PM »
Yes I was given one of those notices at the tip yesterday. The limit us to 52 visits per year, which is an average of one visit per week - not quite the same as only one visit per week.

This doesn't seem like a very good idea.

I'd wager most people won't understand the distinction between 1 visit per week, and an average of 1 visit per week, and will fly tip because they think they can't go back to the tip this week.

Meanwhile, the dodgy types who this is supposedly being aimed at will just continue to flout the rules.

Dave

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 04:24:53 PM »
Yes I was given one of those notices at the tip yesterday. The limit us to 52 visits per year, which is an average of one visit per week - not quite the same as only one visit per week.

Harry

Limiting how often we use the tip
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 03:52:54 PM »
Evidently we are to be limited as to how often we visit the tip from February. Maximum of once per week.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/february-youll-only-allowed-go-17488683