Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Land at the end of Pear Tree Close, Marple Bridge  (Read 1595 times)

amazon

Re: Land at the end of Pear Tree Close, Marple Bridge
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 09:59:50 AM »
Having to negotiate the junction near Ludworth school in rush-hour, the thought of scores of extra vehicles attempting to use Pear Tree Close fills me with dread. More importantly, there would be extra hazard for the school-children in an already vehicle-laden area.  I dearly hope that this development can be resisted.
There has a group been formed including councillors to apose this if it ever gets to the planning stage its on Green belt land .nothing has gone before stockport planners as yet .

tigerman

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 06:59:29 PM »
Having to negotiate the junction near Ludworth school in rush-hour, the thought of scores of extra vehicles attempting to use Pear Tree Close fills me with dread. More importantly, there would be extra hazard for the school-children in an already vehicle-laden area.  I dearly hope that this development can be resisted.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2019, 03:03:45 PM »
I have been reading, with some concern, the proposal by Wainhomes to build on the fields adjacent to the river and next to Ludworth School.  This forms part of their bid under the GMSF.

Several issues arise from this plan, not least the prospect of building on green fields next to a river, possibly not the best place to build in light of recent flooding stories from around the country.

The problems of traffic in the Bridge are well known.   The number of times the village is reduced to gridlock because of the frequency of gas and water main repairs is appalling.  With an extra 145 homes and their accompanying one or possibly two cars can only add to the problems.

Access to the new estate is unclear in the plan.  Even without roadworks, the access in and out of the new estate would cause problems.

Wainhomes' proposal mentions the access to public transport.  The problems relating to bus, road and rail transport in this area have been mentioned a lot on this Forum.

William Wragg, in his latest election newsletter, has two headlines relating to building more homes - "William supports residents in fight to protect greenbelt" and "Building homes in the right places".  It would be good to hear his views on this development plan.  My partner posted a question on his Twitter feed but there has been no response so far.
Could you please tell me were this article was as i have allso heard about this there is a meeting planned with the residents .to discuss this developement

Deniseredmini

Land at the end of Pear Tree Close, Marple Bridge
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2019, 02:48:41 PM »
I have been reading, with some concern, the proposal by Wainhomes to build on the fields adjacent to the river and next to Ludworth School.  This forms part of their bid under the GMSF.

Several issues arise from this plan, not least the prospect of building on green fields next to a river, possibly not the best place to build in light of recent flooding stories from around the country.

The problems of traffic in the Bridge are well known.   The number of times the village is reduced to gridlock because of the frequency of gas and water main repairs is appalling.  With an extra 145 homes and their accompanying one or possibly two cars can only add to the problems.

Access to the new estate is unclear in the plan.  Even without roadworks, the access in and out of the new estate would cause problems.

Wainhomes' proposal mentions the access to public transport.  The problems relating to bus, road and rail transport in this area have been mentioned a lot on this Forum.

William Wragg, in his latest election newsletter, has two headlines relating to building more homes - "William supports residents in fight to protect greenbelt" and "Building homes in the right places".  It would be good to hear his views on this development plan.  My partner posted a question on his Twitter feed but there has been no response so far.