Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: virgin media  (Read 2097 times)

Howard

Re: virgin media
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2019, 10:55:27 PM »
I have VM but Internet only. I don't take their TV or landline. If you're persistent with them, you can get it. I do also have a POT, but it's a Vonage VoIP box which plugs into my network and then my telephone plugs into the Vonage box. Our particular circumstances mean that it doesn't make sense to be able to make "free" international calls. Once those circumstances change, I'll drop it, as the only people who call us on it are Indian scammers.

andrewbowden

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2019, 02:48:44 PM »
I only have a POT because BT won't sell me a fibre connection without one, but there's no phone plugged into it.

Yup.  I'm the same.  I ditched my landline a few months after we moved into our current house as no one used it apart from junk callers.  So why plug it in?  I have a phone somewhere just in case I ever need it.  But it's in a box.

There's no point in not having the ability to plug one in though.  Even if you don't use it.  Everything comes down the same wire into your house.  Even with a (non-Virgin) fibre connection.  Most fibre is Fibre To Cabinet - there's a fibre connection from the exchange to the green cabinet in the street.  Then your connection goes on traditional phone cables to your house.  Unless you're one of the lucky ones with Fibre to Premises (i.e. it goes from the exchange to your house - or you are with Virgin Media), you'll not escape having a phone line.  Hence why they won't sell you one without it.

marpleexile

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 01:55:31 PM »
My virgin POT is also down, I question if there is any point having a POT these days.

I only have a POT because BT won't sell me a fibre connection without one, but there's no phone plugged into it.

ringi

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 11:49:47 AM »
My virgin POT is also down, I question if there is any point having a POT these days.

amazon

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 09:25:23 PM »
There was a blip in power in Marple (Near the Ridge) and again about 840pm, which causes the router to reboot.
My Virgin router takes around 15mins to come back to life.
My phones down again tonight glad i have a mobile

ROTHERS

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 09:00:28 PM »
There was a blip in power in Marple (Near the Ridge) and again about 840pm, which causes the router to reboot.
My Virgin router takes around 15mins to come back to life.

amazon

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 08:06:17 PM »
Any one having problems virgin media Marple bridge lower fold area no phone are  internet from 2 ish
Now back to normall

amazon

virgin media
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 06:29:41 PM »
Any one having problems virgin media Marple bridge lower fold area no phone are  internet from 2 ish