To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Cheadle and Marple College - Finances  (Read 3272 times)

wheels

Re: Cheadle and Marple College - Finances
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 01:40:07 PM »
Thanks for the update Mark.

I think we in Marple should regard this as good news, in that it may help to secure the future of 6th form provision in the area, at least for the next few years.

I have no inside knowledge, but from what I have heard the fall in enrolments at camsfc has been largely at Cheadle, where in recent years they have haemorrhaged enrolments to other providers in the area.

Dave is correct in saying that the haemorrhage in students numbers has been largely at the Cheadle site. Further the buildings at Cheadle are in a dreadful state which will need addressing in the future.

Dave

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 11:39:33 AM »
Thanks for the update Mark.

I think we in Marple should regard this as good news, in that it may help to secure the future of 6th form provision in the area, at least for the next few years.

I have no inside knowledge, but from what I have heard the fall in enrolments at camsfc has been largely at Cheadle, where in recent years they have haemorrhaged enrolments to other providers in the area.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 09:43:10 AM »
Merger of Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College with The Trafford College Group

I've been advised that on 4 May 2021 Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College merged with The Trafford College Group.

The legal entity of Cheadle and Marple Sixth Form College dissolved on this date with all its activities transferring to The Trafford College Group.

The two sites at Cheadle and Marple will retain their brand names of ‘The Cheadle College’ and ‘Marple Sixth Form College’ respectively.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

wheels

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2019, 09:00:59 AM »
The Trafford College Group already operate Stockport College and appear to be the favoured  bidder to take over the Cheadle and Marple College. As far as I'm aware at least two of the the Trafford College Groups governors are Marple Residents.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2019, 06:54:48 AM »
Colleges announce talks about a possible merger

Cheadle and Marple College has released a statement about recent developments at the college.  Further to discussion with the Department for Education and their colleagues at The Trafford College Group/The Cheadle and Marple College Network, both college groups have agreed to work together with a view to a possible merger around the summer time of 2020.

As talks progress, they look forward to informing us of further developments as the two college groups share similar values and beliefs and they believe that by working together they have a very real and rare opportunity to better serve the students and community of the borough of Stockport.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 01:40:01 PM »
It funded the extension and improvements to the Buxton Lane building.

Graham

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 06:16:20 PM »
What Happened to the money from the sale of the Hibbert Lane site?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 10:41:58 AM »
Despite that it's good to see that they are getting great results:

https://www.marple.website/marple-today/marple-college/180-marple-college-results-2019.html

Note that the Principal quoted in that article appears to have gone.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Water Rat

Cheadle and Marple College - Finances
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 09:37:58 PM »
A recent article in FE Week suggests that finances are still a little precarious:

https://feweek.co.uk/2019/07/15/college-at-risk-of-insolvency-handed-esfa-warning-over-finances/