Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Church Lane Stores  (Read 2325 times)

Cyberman

Re: Church Lane Stores
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2019, 01:04:09 PM »
It has been taken over. I looked in this morning on my way back from buying a paper - was told it's going to be a newsagent-type shop. No longer an off-licence.  Seemed much better organised than before, with a reasonable stock of basics. It's nearer to us than Asda and the Co-op so might use it for small shops.

andrewbowden

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 02:59:54 PM »
On Saturday I noticed there were people inside the shop with lots of boxes.  Couldn't tell if they were packing it all up, or putting stock out.  Then it was shut again.

But this morning at 8am the place was open, with very full looking shelves.  Which was certainly never the case before.  Perhaps it's been taken over.

andrewbowden

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 02:59:09 PM »
I have seen it open once or twice since this was first mentioned, but certainly not every day.  Wondering if it has closed up for good.  I can't imagine it has much of a future once the Albert Schools development has finished.  it's pretty obvious that there's going to be a mini-supermarket there (there's a planning application to allow the shop to open between 6am and 11pm.  No other shop would want to be open that kind of hours.)

Jay

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 10:37:24 PM »
That’s not eating till sunset not not working! But thanks for the try!

mikes

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »
ramadan

andrewbowden

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 08:00:48 AM »
Anyone know if it’s closed down? Not seen it open for a while now? Chap who runs it was always very friendly when I went in but I’ve not seen him there for ages now!

It was open last week as I bought some chocolate.  But it was someone else behind the counter I have never seen before, and there were people "doing some work" by the looks of it.  That was the last time I saw it open.

There have been times when it's been shut for a few weeks before.  Holidays perhaps?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 06:09:52 AM »
I thought I'd seen it open recently but I don't know the guy who runs it.
I think it's a shame the plot that it is on isn't going to be part of the new development on the Albert Schools site.

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Jay

Church Lane Stores
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 02:02:06 AM »
Anyone know if it’s closed down? Not seen it open for a while now? Chap who runs it was always very friendly when I went in but I’ve not seen him there for ages now!