Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Rail link and improvements  (Read 2231 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Rail link and improvements
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 01:09:58 PM »
Good afternoon

Thanks to all who stopped by to chat with Becky, Malcolm and I today in Marple Bridge. We had lots of recognition about the work we do which is lovely to hear. The rail petition was particularly well received and we have pages of people supporting what we are doing. We will be taking it out again soon.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Kind regards

Steve

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 06:41:29 PM »
Thanks for doing this, Steve. It’s really important that we persuade the powers that be (tfgm, SMBC, our Parliamentary candidates et al) that they need to support this initiative. And if our Libdem candidate is first to nail her colours to the mast then good for her. It’s an improvement on her predecessor Mr Stunnell, who was completely uninterested in this matter, sadly.

Hi Dave, thanks for your positive comments, they are very much appreciated. In all honesty this falls on my shoulders, Lisa is of course very supportive of our demand for improvements but the responsibility is mine. I wouldn’t want Lisa to be held accountable for something that is on her .org website but is not linked to her directly, that would be unfair.

Like I said on a previous message, I will be more than willing to speak to anyone about this, they can even just contact me and I will make sure that any details are not passed on. The absolute priority is getting public support and signatures so we can take this forward. Thanks again Dave.

*** I will be on Town Street in Marple Bridge on Saturday morning with our candidate Becky Senior, a paper version of the rail petition will be available should anyone wish to sign it.***

Kind regards

Steve

Dave

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 05:14:06 PM »
Thanks for doing this, Steve. It’s really important that we persuade the powers that be (tfgm, SMBC, our Parliamentary candidates et al) that they need to support this initiative. And if our Libdem candidate is first to nail her colours to the mast then good for her. It’s an improvement on her predecessor Mr Stunnell, who was completely uninterested in this matter, sadly.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2019, 09:44:15 PM »
Thanks for your comments Will

Just to clarify, my only interest is getting support for my petition. The petition was set up for me by the Romiley office, I am sure if you contact them on 0161 406 7070 they will help you with your concerns. I wouldn’t want anyone feeling uncomfortable with signing something I’m putting my name against.

Kind regards

Steve

Will L

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2019, 08:48:06 PM »
Thanks for this Carolyn, there is the option to opt out of contact like it says.

Reading that, and considering the General Data Protection Regulations and Data Protection Act 2018 I'm gonna say no on that.

Consent should be freely given, specific, informed and unambigous. You cannot harvest information through a petition for improving local railways.

The only part you've got right there is asking if you can contact people to update them on the state of the petition (I'd even argue considering they're signing a petition for rail improvements you don't need that) but to forceably opt them into further communications and further more diseminate their details amongst other elected representatives (you don't even clarify how far that goes it could be the ward councillors, it could even be a Lib Dem Councillor in the Highlands for god sake) is completely and utterly unacceptable and in anyway in the spirit of GDPR.

Going even deeper... "you submit this form, the Liberal Democrats, locally and nationally, may use information in it, including your political views, to further our objectives,"

What on earth does that even mean? That could be literally anything determined by the party at any given moment. There is no way this form is compliant with GDPR.

The only place that data should be used for is the petition, there should be seperate tickboxes for it they want contact on specific matters outside of the railway petition from the Lib Dems and another tickbox for diseminating that information amongst other elected representatives they have to be physically checked and that should be the default.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2019, 07:54:38 PM »
Thanks Amazon, feedback always appreciated. Hope you are well.

Kind regards

Steve

amazon

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 04:36:10 PM »
Thanks for this Carolyn, there is the option to opt out of contact like it says. You’re the first person to contact me about this and if you choose not to sign it then fair enough. I would much rather people sign it and say they want no other contact if that is their wish. The information given is not hidden and I would happily talk to anyone about this if they are concerned, I’m their representative and it’s what I’m here for.

On the paper version I will be including a tick box to say no further contact to try and help people.

I’ve had many people contact me supporting it and offering to help out at the railway stations, getting weight of support overrides anything political as in Marple we desperately need traffic improvements.

Kind regards

Steve
Nice reply

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 03:28:08 PM »
Thanks for this Carolyn, there is the option to opt out of contact like it says. You’re the first person to contact me about this and if you choose not to sign it then fair enough. I would much rather people sign it and say they want no other contact if that is their wish. The information given is not hidden and I would happily talk to anyone about this if they are concerned, I’m their representative and it’s what I’m here for.

On the paper version I will be including a tick box to say no further contact to try and help people.

I’ve had many people contact me supporting it and offering to help out at the railway stations, getting weight of support overrides anything political as in Marple we desperately need traffic improvements.

Kind regards

Steve

Newbie1

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 02:44:24 PM »
Steve, I've looked at your online petition.  People should be made aware of the imprint at the bottom.  I have been very happy to support petitions and campaigns organised by representatives of other political parties in the past, such as Claire's Red Box Project and Kenny Blair's swimming pool petition.  I absolutely want improved public transport links for our area, but this petition appears to have been designed to further the cause of the Liberal Democrat Party rather than  Marple's transport links.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 02:30:36 PM »
Good afternoon all

A quick update to say thanks to everyone who has singed the petition so far, the numbers are increasing every day. I will have a paper version soon and will be taking it to our local stations for people to hopefully sign.

Kind regards

Steve

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 10:23:10 AM »
Good morning

Thanks to all who have signed so far, the petition has been well received and the comments have been very positive.

Steve

Steve Gribbon

Rail link and improvements
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 12:37:24 PM »
Hello all who read this

The rail petition I have mentioned on here before is now up and running, I feel it is vital that our community makes its voice heard and hope as many people get behind this as possible, regardless of policitcal persuasion.

Please let me know if you would like to discuss anything further, I have seen on Twitter many people supporting the demand for better local facilities, I would appreciate anyone on that platform signing and sharing, the more people who sign the better!

A paper copy will also be available soon which I will be taking to our local stations for people to look at and hopefully sign. The link is below:

http://www.lisasmart.org.uk/marple_rail_petition

Thanks for reading this

Steve