Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: 13 Stockport Rd  (Read 1378 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: 13 Stockport Rd
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2019, 04:38:39 PM »
How long ago was 13 Stockport Rd a sports shop? (Old Reids Rains) You can just make out the old shop sign saying "SPORTS ANGLING SPORTS SHOP"!
If it's where I think you mean, it was a sports shop in the late-ish 1960s. A couple of us Girl Guides from the 5th Marple (which met at the Grove Chapel on Church Lane) were roped in to "model" guide uniforms for the sports shop at some sort of an outside "do" across the road (did the Liberal Club have a garden or field?). I think it must have been some sort of show of what Marple shops sold (or perhaps a sports shop promotion) - it's a long time ago for me old brane to be certain.

Anyone remember this event? Were any of you a 5th Marple Girl Guide? Or is everyone dead except me?

Graham

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 03:00:48 PM »
And was it not “Ashton’s greengrocers” before that, in the 1960s ?

Howard

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:37:46 AM »
I remember buying my mum buying me my football kit for primary school in that shop. I think we also bought my cubs uniform as well. That must have been 1977/1978.

Jay

13 Stockport Rd
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 03:01:23 PM »
How long ago was 13 Stockport Rd a sports shop? (Old Reids Rains) You can just make out the old shop sign saying "SPORTS ANGLING SPORTS SHOP"!