Marple based web design | Websites That Work For You!

Author Topic: Cllr Kenny Blair: Independent candidate for Marple South and High Lane 2019  (Read 3146 times)

jimblob

Well done Wheels, the fact Aron states Tameside means it isn’t in Stockport, by about 100 yards. But if you know anything about criteria for standing as a Cllr, which apparently you do not, living in the Borough is only one of four possible criteria. The fact I am on the ballot paper means I have a valid nomination and meet one of the other criteria.
If people make the decision based solely on where you live that is up to them. They may end up with the Cllr they deserve.
But lots of people I have spoken to would much rather have a Cllr who is committed to the area and has a proven track record of action rather than a candidate who may live in the area but does diddly squat and doesn’t even know the area of the ward he potentially represents.
Hear Hear :)

Friends of Middlewood Way

*We have something important to say...*

This is not our usual type of post but is something the Friends Group have decided to say & feel is very necessary on behalf of Middlewood Way and it’s users.
The Stockport half of Middlewood Way as most users will know was a neglected multiuser recreational route running from Rose Hill Station to Middlewood Station. No money or attention had been spent on the route for 20+ years.

A Friends Group was formed on 17th November 2015 with the intention to improve the muddy and sometimes unusable route. We had a plan, but we had no experience.
Time passed and we struggled to make much progress. We therefore approached ALL our local councillors to see if we could gain some support. Only ONE responded or shown any interest since. The reply email simply read: ‘Let me know when your next meeting is and I will be there’.
That person was Cllr Kenny Blair.

He has attended all our meetings and has been fundamental to making Middlewood Way the route it is today. No councillors for over 20years have taken up the gauntlet to improve the route. Something that could of been done by any local councillor at any time for the residents.
Without the drive, determination and the passion to get the job done we are 100% sure we would be in no better position than we were in 2015.
Arranging meetings with SMBC, fundraising and ultimately putting pressure on the council to invest over £100k to resurface the route from Rose Hill to Middlewood Station was just part of what he brought to the table.

Looking forward.....

Cllr Kenny Blair is the biggest asset we have as a group, his contacts and likeability at SMBC made it all happen.
We haven’t finished yet with Middlewood Way, we need maintenance schedules, ongoing ditch cleansing, overhanging branches trimmed, picnic benches etc etc.
This all costs money and campaigning to SMBC and other areas of funding is always ongoing. It is Cllr Kenny Blair’s forte. We all as residents need him onboard to continue the ongoing fight.

Can you help? Could we loose an ally?

Cllr Kenny Blair is up for re-election tomorrow in the local elections. Without his ongoing support we feel Middlewood Way would loose a great ally and put its future plans in major jeopardy. We have worked together for 4 years and we would hate for that to cease should he not be elected.

If you are unsure on who to vote for please consider the future of Middlewood Way for future generations to enjoy.
We wish you good luck Cllr Kenny Blair and hope the importance of precious green space is as important to residents as it is to you.

We thank you.

CllrKennyBlair

Well done Wheels, the fact Aron states Tameside means it isn’t in Stockport, by about 100 yards. But if you know anything about criteria for standing as a Cllr, which apparently you do not, living in the Borough is only one of four possible criteria. The fact I am on the ballot paper means I have a valid nomination and meet one of the other criteria.
If people make the decision based solely on where you live that is up to them. They may end up with the Cllr they deserve.
But lots of people I have spoken to would much rather have a Cllr who is committed to the area and has a proven track record of action rather than a candidate who may live in the area but does diddly squat and doesn’t even know the area of the ward he potentially represents.

wheels

Thanks Arons an answer from someone at last. Gee Cross now that's not even in Stockport MBC is it?

Aron Thornley

Kenny lives in Gee Cross , Tameside.

[attachment deleted by admin]

wheels

Could you be clear. Do you live in the Stockport Local Authority area, never mind Marple. There seems to be some confusion about this.

CllrKennyBlair

It has been my honour and privilege to serve the constituents of Marple South and High Lane ward as their Councillor on Stockport Council for the past 4 years, the last year of which has been as in Independent Councillor. I have submitted my nomination papers to stand for election on 2nd May 2019 in the hope that the constituents will vote for me for another 4 years.

I have thoroughly enjoyed being your Councillor and the time has flown in. In that four year period I have worked  tirelessly for your area. I work with many community groups and have a track record of actually getting things done instead of just putting them on a leaflet including but not limited to -

1. Re-surfacing of the entire Middlewood Way along with extra bins
2. My Marple Pool campaign and petition, has resulted in Council looking at a new leisure facility in Marple
3. Residents parking schemes throughout the ward
4. The only Councillor or candidate to call two public meetings to let Marple South & High Lane esidents know about the GMSF Plan, GM’s plan for development
5. Volunteered to help at the annual High Lane Santa tour and helped organise the first High Lane Great Christmas Get-Together
6. I also managed to get the Street Poppies scheme extended to High Lane
7. Various potholes reported and sorted

In my short time in politics, I have seen how divisive it has become with your representatives often putting their political party interests in front of the interests of those they are meant to serve - YOU.

So, I am standing as an Independent Candidate, the only candidate who is answerable  directly to you and not to a Political Party group leader. If elected, I will -
1. Continue the fight to protect the greenbelt from mass development
2. Continue my campaign for a new leisure facility in Marple
3. Fight for new infrastructure and tackle congestion
4. Help law abiding citizens by working with the Police to enforce the law
5. Fight to freeze Council tax and re-structure the Council.
6. Continue, as I have always done, to put the best interests of the constituents of Marple South & High Lane first.

More details on all of these can be found on my website, www.independentcllr.info or on facebook CllrKennyBlair in due course.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and may I take this opportunity to wish all candidates well in the election.