Michelle Reynolds Podiatrist, Marple

Author Topic: ASDA - well not an entirely new headline!  (Read 3003 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: ASDA - well not an entirely new headline!
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 03:25:28 PM »
Not quite sure how ASDA  can be held responsible for somebody recklessly riding a bike.
Durr! They are responsible for allowing it to take place on their property, whether they own it or rent it.

Cyberman

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2019, 11:56:25 AM »
Asda employees don't always have it easy. Yesterday one guy was having a hard time with a small group of mouthy yobs (teenagers) who were sitting on the shopping trolleys outside the store and refusing to move. Not easy dealing with certain members of the public.

wheels

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2019, 11:32:34 AM »
That's just greedy. I want some as well.

jimblob

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2019, 11:01:50 AM »
Speed bumps should sort .
They are indeed the answer to everything. That's why we're aiming for 42 of them on Windlehurst and Hibbert Lane. :)

amazon

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2019, 08:53:24 PM »
Not quite sure how ASDA  can be held responsible for somebody recklessly riding a bike.
Speed bumps should sort .

Digster

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2019, 08:33:39 AM »
If you were paying attention, Amazon, you would have noticed that the incident occured on the pathway along Asda's wall and, according to their staff, that is part of their land. In any case they have a duty of care.

PhilB

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2019, 07:54:01 AM »
Thankful he didn't fall off when you tried to grab his handlebars !!!!!!!!

I did no such thing. I was too busy trying to get out of his way.

Yes you did !!!

It wasn't until I yelled at him in my best retired schoolmistress voice and put out my hand to grab his handlebars, that he took avoiding action and nearly fell off the scooter in the effort.

amazon

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 08:35:33 PM »
If you were paying attention, Amazon, you would have noticed that the incident occured on the pathway along Asda's wall and, according to their staff, that is part of their land. In any case they have a duty of care.
So have you reported it to the manager .is that the wall park side

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 12:44:55 PM »
I did no such thing. I was too busy trying to get out of his way.

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 12:44:03 PM »
Its not there carpark

PhilB

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2019, 06:38:21 PM »

amazon

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 03:07:41 PM »
After picking up a parcel delivery from ASDA this afternoon I was walking along the pedestrian path just below the steps into the park when I was nearly skittled by a boy riding a scooter at a fair clip. There was room for him to avoid me but he seemed to think that the badly athritic old lady limping along with the walking stick would leap out of his way. It wasn't until I yelled at him in my best retired schoolmistress voice and put out my hand to grab his handlebars, that he took avoiding action and nearly fell off the scooter in the effort.

If he had run into me and I'd ended up on the floor I'd have had to wait until someone came along who could help me up.

Asda don't seem to be very interested in what goes on in their car park except for grabbing money when people over-park.

Rant Over (I seem to be doing a lot of this recently!)
Its not there carpark

My login is Henrietta

ASDA - well not an entirely new headline!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 02:00:59 PM »
After picking up a parcel delivery from ASDA this afternoon I was walking along the pedestrian path just below the steps into the park when I was nearly skittled by a boy riding a scooter at a fair clip. There was room for him to avoid me but he seemed to think that the badly athritic old lady limping along with the walking stick would leap out of his way. It wasn't until I yelled at him in my best retired schoolmistress voice and put out my hand to grab his handlebars, that he took avoiding action and nearly fell off the scooter in the effort.

If he had run into me and I'd ended up on the floor I'd have had to wait until someone came along who could help me up.

Asda don't seem to be very interested in what goes on in their car park except for grabbing money when people over-park.

Rant Over (I seem to be doing a lot of this recently!)