Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 3192 times)

hatter76

Re: Brexit
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2019, 12:34:34 PM »
Think we are heading for a general election very soon but hard to predict at the moment.

Newbie1

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2019, 12:28:48 PM »
It is a total shambles and we need it to be sorted out so that other issues, such as climate emergency, get the attention they have lacked for far too long from our politicians.

The Green Party wants a People's Vote with
the option to remain in the EU on the ballot paper.

William Wragg was one of only a handful (43) MPs that turned up to the recent climate change debate in parliament - the first time it has been debated in 2 years.  He has also added his signature to a climate emergency motion proposed by Caroline Lucas, and has been one of the earlier signatories to the motion.  I personally feel that we are better tackling the climate emergency as a member of the EU, but I am grateful to William for at least taking an interest in this existential crisis, unlike many of his colleagues.

amazon

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2019, 12:06:30 PM »
Willie Wragg was one of the 160 MPs who voted in favour of no deal yesterday. Fortunately they were easily outnumbered by the 400 who voted against it.

Despite that clear majority against no deal, the EU seems to believe that we are still heading that way.  What will happen is anyone's guess - mine, for what it's worth, is that some kind of deal will scrape through Parliament in the next couple of weeks, but it may have to go back to another public vote to be ratified.  What a mess.........
OUT OUT OUT . sick of it dont  no why you had to bring this up on Marple website .

Dave

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2019, 11:31:02 AM »
Willie Wragg was one of the 160 MPs who voted in favour of no deal yesterday. Fortunately they were easily outnumbered by the 400 who voted against it.

Despite that clear majority against no deal, the EU seems to believe that we are still heading that way.  What will happen is anyone's guess - mine, for what it's worth, is that some kind of deal will scrape through Parliament in the next couple of weeks, but it may have to go back to another public vote to be ratified.  What a mess.........

CTCREP

Brexit
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 09:49:17 AM »
Hello  Although I have posted the following in the Council Matters page, I suspect many people would want to find out how their MP voted on the "Options" day in Parliament  See
 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47726787