Brabyns Preparatory School

Linked Events

• Community Litter Pick: May 04, 2019

Author Topic: Keep Britain Tidy Spring Clean Up Campaign  (Read 1635 times)

Newbie1

Re: Keep Britain Tidy Spring Clean Up Campaign
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 09:13:35 AM »
The meeting point for this Saturday's litter pick is the junction of Edwards Way with Cross Lane.  We will work towards Hibbert Lane and Greenbank area.  Meet at 10.30am.  Please bring gloves and a high vis jacket if you have one.  I'll bring pickers and bags.

Newbie1

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 04:01:33 PM »
Thanks very much to everyone who came along and helped today.  We collected well over 20 bags of litter from the streets and car parks around central Marple.

I reported the terrible problem with litter in the Derby St Car Park toilets after the last litter pick.  (They were blocked off with iron gates and some people had been posting their rubbish through the railings.  It was knee high deep in litter but we couldn't clear it as the gates were locked) I was really pleased to see that the litter had been cleared a few weeks ago, and the access has now been boarded up so that the problem cannot recur.

I don't know if Trinity St has drainage problems?  If it does, the reason might be that some people have jammed the drains underneath the pavement full of beer cans!  We couldn't get many of these out, so I've reported this to the council.

Next litter pick will be on Saturday 4th May and we will work along the Middlewood Way from Rose Hill.  Meet in the Railway pub car park at 10.30am. 

Newbie1

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 08:16:39 AM »
I need a rough idea of numbers for the litter pick so that I get enough equipment for the event.  Please do sign up via the link in my previous post.  I'll post details about the collection point nearer the time.

Newbie1

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 10:53:44 PM »
I've organised a litter pick on Saturday 6th April 10.30-2.30pm as part of this campaign.  Please join in if you are able to.  You can sign up via this link:

https://www.keepbritaintidy.org/events/marple-spring-clean-5c7ae31b90124

Newbie1

Keep Britain Tidy Spring Clean Up Campaign
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 06:48:09 PM »
Pickers and bags can be collected from Sue's Fashion on Derby Way from 10.30am.  Please just bring your own gloves.  Feel free to pick wherever you want to, just return the equipment to Sue's shop for 1pm and leave the full bags outside the shop and I'll take them to the tip.