Market Research Company | Marple Stockport

Author Topic: Claire Vibert: Labour Candidate for Marple North  (Read 18311 times)

Claire Vibert

Re: Claire Vibert: Labour Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2019, 06:14:04 PM »
Hello again.

First of all thank you to the admin on the site for allowing us to have these discussions, and to everyone who has asked questions or made comments. On the eve of the election I thought I would check back in to remind everyone of my plan to make Marple North fairer, greener and safer; and of the things I have been doing in our community over the past year.

As ever, you can ask questions on here or email me on marplelabour@gmail.com.

Best wishes

Claire

[attachment deleted by admin]

wheels

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2019, 09:49:41 PM »
Phil,

Well I am much more open to being drawn in a different direction. Perhaps it's something that happens as you get older or perhaps I feel less obligation since 2016.

However on this occasion it's too late as I voted ages ago by post so I'll stop the mild teasing.

BTW I don't expect my one vote whichever way it went is going to make a scrap of difference in Marple North other than to the size of the majority for  ....

Old habits are hard to break.

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2019, 08:07:49 PM »
Hi Wheels, just curious. Have you ever voted Labour, either at a local or national level? In fact, in the last 10 years, have you ever spoken favourably about any party other than the one you habitually support?

By the way it doesn't bother me if you haven't, that's the joy of democracy. Only you keep teasing that maybe you're undecided on how to vote on Thursday. When we all know full well that you know exactly which box is getting your X ;)

RH

wheels

« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »
Thanks for the helpful reply Claire but after today's decision by the Labour NEC I and I suspect thousands of people could not support you or other local candidates.

Claire Vibert

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2019, 09:49:49 PM »
Hello. Regarding the EU, I have always been pro-Remain and believe that although the EU isn’t perfect, we have much to lose by leaving and nothing to gain. The other questions are very specific and I’d be very happy to answer them by email, but I’d rather avoid turning this into a discussion on Brexit. Anyone is free to contact me on marplelabour@gmail.com

What’s clear to me is that Brexit has left our country more divided than ever, and the Conservative party are entirely to blame for the mess. I’ve spoken to hundreds of people during this campaign and whether they are in favour of Leave or Remain, the one consistent feeling is of frustration and disbelief that it has been handled so badly. People feel badly let down and trust in politics is surely at an all time low.

I share those frustrations and one of the reasons I have put myself forward this time is because there are so many issues that need action, at a local level, and we can still make a difference even if national politics seems to be stuck in inaction. I know that our community here in Marple is fantastic but there are still issues that affect us, and that’s why I’ve put together a plan to tackle those issues and make our area fairer, greener and safer. If elected on Thursday, I'm committed to working in collaboration with residents, community groups, schools and others to improve Marple North.

Claire

wheels

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2019, 08:51:24 PM »
Amazon, if I feel it's an  issue that will influence how I vote, and I do, then it's relevant if only to me and I gave a right to ask the question and to expect a reply.

The answer demonstrates an attitude which I think would be important in making more local decision.

amazon

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2019, 08:08:42 PM »
@Claire Vibert before I vote in Marple North I want to ask you a question which is central to how I vote although I accept others might hold different view.

I ask the question to you as your party seems to have the most unclear of all the parties stand on Brexit. So I'd like to respectfully ask.

1. How did you vote in the Referendum?
2. Do you support the People's Vote?
3. Do you support revoking article 50?
4. How would you vote in a further referendum?

Many thanks.
Cant see what this has to do with local elections .

wheels

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2019, 03:26:29 PM »
@Claire Vibert before I vote in Marple North I want to ask you a question which is central to how I vote although I accept others might hold different view.

I ask the question to you as your party seems to have the most unclear of all the parties stand on Brexit. So I'd like to respectfully ask.

1. How did you vote in the Referendum?
2. Do you support the People's Vote?
3. Do you support revoking article 50?
4. How would you vote in a further referendum?

Many thanks.

Claire Vibert

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2019, 07:55:36 PM »
Hello again. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who stopped by to see us this morning in Marple. It’s fair to say the weather wasn’t quite how I’d hoped, but we braved the conditions nonetheless!

Claire

Claire Vibert

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2019, 12:56:42 PM »
Hi everyone -

I just wanted to drop in and share the attached - it's a summary of my activity in the community over the last year. My campaign has been focused on my values and how I have used them to develop the vision that I shared previously. My activities aim to make a real difference and to counteract the impact of austerity which affects us all.

As mentioned in another thread, there was a meeting last night to discuss the new Walk Ride Marple plans. I was pleased to attend and the aims of the group very much reflect my own aims for a safer, greener Marple North. On the subject of attendance at meetings - obviously we all have different circumstances, and I've no doubt that the other candidates had valid reasons for not attending last night's meeting, just as I was not able to be at the Area Committee. I don't think it's worth trying to make a political point about it. I'm sure that people can see that I've been very active during my campaign, and have tried to engage with the community and support those who need it.

Last night's meeting was great - lots of energy and ideas. I know that this is typical of Marple, and that by bringing the community together and working collaboratively we can improve it even further.

Best wishes

Claire

Newbie1

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2019, 09:53:30 PM »
Claire, thank you for all you do for the community. I know there is lots of common ground between us and you will make a great councillor if elected. 

There really is no need, as you say, for tactical voting in Marple North, and I'm hoping people are beginning to see through this myth that is perpetuated by the party it benefits. 

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 08:16:58 PM »
Hi Claire, hope you are well.

I’ve posted a question about the Marple Area Committee meetings to candidates, if you could have a look and post a reply it would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Steve

Claire Vibert

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 07:47:52 PM »
I just wanted to check back in here to share my plan for a fairer, greener, safer Marple North. I hope I've shown my commitment to our community through my actions, such as running the Red Box Project, campaigning for fairer and better funding for our schools, and actively engaging the community about the future of our pool. There's no need for 'tactical' voting - if you share my values and agree with my vision for our area, vote for me on 2 May - or before if you have a postal vote!

Claire Vibert

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 09:46:38 PM »
Just an update to let you know that I held a successful street stall in Marple on Saturday. The aim was to gather the views of the local community on the continued closure of the pool, and what they'd like to see in the future. Over 130 people got involved and many commented that they were pleased to be able to show what the pool means to them. I've created a word cloud which gives a flavour of the comments - I'll attach the image here. I know work is ongoing on this issue and felt it was important to engage with the community, so thanks to everyone who contributed.

Thank you again to everyone who contributed to the street stall that I held. I shared all the comments with Councillor Sheila Bailey, cabinet member for Communities and Housing on Stockport Council. Councillor Bailey was pleased to receive the views of Marple's residents and provided the following statement:

"Clearly from the comments made by local residents, Marple pool was well used and well loved by local people. It is very sad that the recent problems with the pool fabric and filtration system have meant that the pool had to be closed to the public. Further investigations have shown that there are other problems with the building and that almost £3m would be needed over the next couple of years to make it fit for use, but even that would not guarantee its long term future. After discussions with the local Councillors it was decided that rather than spend money on a short term solution, the money would be better used to invest in a new, long-term leisure provision that would provide modern facilities for Marple residents.
Unfortunately, this does mean that there will be a gap between the old pool closing and a new pool opening, but the long term benefits will be there for many years to come. Discussions are currently ongoing and once a more detailed scheme has been developed and funding options finalised, engagement will take place with users and local residents".

I'm pleased that I've been able to ensure that the council take the community's views into account, and if elected I will continue to engage the community in this way.

Claire

jimblob

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2019, 08:38:30 PM »
Your all ways looking for a problem .lets all sit at home an be negative .ive told you there are very good grants available .
Albeit with a few missing apostrophes and a missing "d"  ;D