RC Cars, RC Helicopters, RC Planes | Nitrotek Ltd

Author Topic: Claire Vibert: Labour Candidate for Marple North 2019  (Read 1588 times)

wheels

Re: Claire Vibert: Labour Candidate for Marple North 2019
« Reply #51 on: Yesterday at 04:37:07 PM »
Hi Claire, hope you are well.

I’ve posted a question about the Marple Area Committee meetings to candidates, if you could have a look and post a reply it would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Steve

It's interesting that the perfectly reasonable question is not being answered Steve.

Carolyn Leather

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2019, 09:53:30 PM »
Claire, thank you for all you do for the community. I know there is lots of common ground between us and you will make a great councillor if elected. 

There really is no need, as you say, for tactical voting in Marple North, and I'm hoping people are beginning to see through this myth that is perpetuated by the party it benefits. 
Green Party Candidate for Marple North 2019 and Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Hazel Grove
secretary@stockportgreenparty.co.uk

Steve Gribbon

• Councillor Marple North
    • Follow me on Twitter sgribbonlibdems
« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2019, 08:16:58 PM »
Hi Claire, hope you are well.

I’ve posted a question about the Marple Area Committee meetings to candidates, if you could have a look and post a reply it would be appreciated.

Kind regards

Steve
Councillor Marple North
Follow me on Twitter @sgribbonlibdems
Email: stevegribbonlibdems@gmail.com

Claire Vibert

« Reply #48 on: April 15, 2019, 07:47:52 PM »
I just wanted to check back in here to share my plan for a fairer, greener, safer Marple North. I hope I've shown my commitment to our community through my actions, such as running the Red Box Project, campaigning for fairer and better funding for our schools, and actively engaging the community about the future of our pool. There's no need for 'tactical' voting - if you share my values and agree with my vision for our area, vote for me on 2 May - or before if you have a postal vote!

Claire Vibert

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 09:46:38 PM »
Just an update to let you know that I held a successful street stall in Marple on Saturday. The aim was to gather the views of the local community on the continued closure of the pool, and what they'd like to see in the future. Over 130 people got involved and many commented that they were pleased to be able to show what the pool means to them. I've created a word cloud which gives a flavour of the comments - I'll attach the image here. I know work is ongoing on this issue and felt it was important to engage with the community, so thanks to everyone who contributed.

Thank you again to everyone who contributed to the street stall that I held. I shared all the comments with Councillor Sheila Bailey, cabinet member for Communities and Housing on Stockport Council. Councillor Bailey was pleased to receive the views of Marple's residents and provided the following statement:

"Clearly from the comments made by local residents, Marple pool was well used and well loved by local people. It is very sad that the recent problems with the pool fabric and filtration system have meant that the pool had to be closed to the public. Further investigations have shown that there are other problems with the building and that almost £3m would be needed over the next couple of years to make it fit for use, but even that would not guarantee its long term future. After discussions with the local Councillors it was decided that rather than spend money on a short term solution, the money would be better used to invest in a new, long-term leisure provision that would provide modern facilities for Marple residents.
Unfortunately, this does mean that there will be a gap between the old pool closing and a new pool opening, but the long term benefits will be there for many years to come. Discussions are currently ongoing and once a more detailed scheme has been developed and funding options finalised, engagement will take place with users and local residents".

I'm pleased that I've been able to ensure that the council take the community's views into account, and if elected I will continue to engage the community in this way.

Claire

jimblob

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2019, 08:38:30 PM »
Your all ways looking for a problem .lets all sit at home an be negative .ive told you there are very good grants available .
Albeit with a few missing apostrophes and a missing "d"  ;D

amazon

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2019, 07:24:41 PM »
I call it realism!  Anyway, what makes you think I'm sat at home?
were did i say you were sat at home .

jimblob

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2019, 07:19:03 PM »
Your all ways looking for a problem .lets all sit at home an be negative .ive told you there are very good grants available .
I call it realism!  Anyway, what makes you think I'm sat at home?

amazon

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2019, 06:44:52 PM »
Reading up on a couple of case studies from Sport England. I'm.not sure they work at quite the level to pay for "most" of an entire swimming pool. I very much suspect we'd be several million short of the price tag

jimblob

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2019, 05:44:35 PM »
What about geronticide ?  That would help free up the roads and hospital beds  :o :o :o ;D
Even scrooge failed in that quest in reducing the surplus population.. it's also highly illegal and certainly not a vote winner, certainly not in Marple anyway

PhilB

« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2019, 05:07:08 PM »
What about geronticide ?  That would help free up the roads and hospital beds  :o :o :o ;D

jimblob

« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2019, 04:33:53 PM »
Bet you wouldn't  ;)...
Not sure I could stand, I'd end up trying to kill someone, and my "boil the ocean" approach to solve world hunger et-al would probably solve nothing.

Transport, however is the lifeblood of so many other things, if it works, so many other things do to! On a national level, first the canals, then the railways transformed our lives as well as industry, as did the car; on an international level so did the Jet engine. We've come now to depend on our mobility for so many aspects of our lives, it slowly is now being taken away from us and is crippling us. I can only liken it to a hardening of the arteries. As a human, if the blood stops everything else stops, so the last thing you do is fur up those arteries any farther, you open them up as much as you possibly can. It's not ideal but it's better than a heart attack!

We seem incredibly good at wasting money on Utopian ideals and missing the elephant in the room, (other than when we see said elephant, we decide to spend money on having it painted white, probably by an outsourced company that over-charges us). A few well made strategic decisions at a high enough level could make a real difference, and despite my right-of-centre political stance, I kinda like what Andy Burnham is trying to do across Manchester (although I wholly disagree with the numbers of new homes allegedly required to be built as part of the GMSF). Sadly all we seem to do is bicker over the small stuff, blame national government for spending cuts or Brexit (it's all our taxes wherever it comes from!) and end up achieving nothing. It saddens me that progress is depicted as a picture of a local Councillor shared on social media, pointing at a pothole he's managed to get filled in or smiling aside a new speed hump that has finally been installed that a handful of local residents have campaigned for but in reality detrimentally affects thousands of commuting motorists (and incidentally causes more air pollution by impeding the motorist).
Surely the human race has the capacity to transcend this minutiae or are we merely headed for the same fate as the Romans and the Egyptians before us?

Maybe I should stand ? 

Dave

« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2019, 04:29:42 PM »
This is a strange thread.   It's a bit perverse for someone who constantly complains (with some justification) about traffic congestion to argue that we should put even more people on to the roads by not replacing our swimming pool!

And just in case anyone thinks £5 million will produce any significant improvement in local transport, have a look at this:  https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm200405/cmselect/cmpubacc/440/44007.htm.  Construction costs of light rail /tram systems: about £15 million per mile. 

A town with a population of 23,000 should have its own swimming pool. It's a no brainer! 

andrewbowden

« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2019, 03:49:51 PM »
Sometimes, locals insisting on their own swimming pool isn't the only problem and the same money spent elsewhere could be used to ameliorate many more problems. I think it's called compromise.

Tell you what, let's cut everything from the council budget that's not transport, and rebrand the council as Transport for Stockport.  After all, it would get rid of so many more problems.  Good compromise.

Why aren't you standing?  I'd vote for you.

VOTE JIMBLOB!

jimblob

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2019, 03:43:06 PM »
Sometimes transport links are not the problem.
Sometimes, locals insisting on their own swimming pool isn't the only problem and the same money spent elsewhere could be used to ameliorate many more problems. I think it's called compromise.