Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Keg Pool Path.  (Read 10976 times)

CTCREP

Re: Keg Pool Path.
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2019, 03:45:11 PM »
The bridge was replaced, but despite requests that it should be securely fastened or an alternative bridge provided, it has floated away again.

Apart from the inconvenience, this is our Council Tax money that is being wasted by employing incompetent people.

Who will take up this issue Officially.

[attachment deleted by admin]

CTCREP

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2019, 10:25:54 AM »
The  "metal bridge", or rather the "metal" covering I don't think is metal as it has broken.  The bridge is still as shown in the photo.two posts earlier.   There was a little water coming over the sluice, so without having stout shoes on in order to walk across the sluice, and it was raining, I haven't seen how far the trimming has been done. Hopefully all the way to the other end of the pool.

amazon

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2019, 02:53:31 PM »
Today I went down to see what was happening.   Someone was trimming the path. so something is happening, but the bridge has not been replaced. As there was water running over the sluice and it started to rain I didn't investigate further.
Cant you use the metal bridge thats there .

CTCREP

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2019, 02:13:38 PM »
Today I went down to see what was happening.   Someone was trimming the path. so something is happening, but the bridge has not been replaced. As there was water running over the sluice and it started to rain I didn't investigate further.

CTCREP

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2019, 12:44:32 PM »
Hello
 I spoke too soon: - It looks as though the Council have done as much as they intend to by the Keg Pool.  The metal reinforcement sheets over the sluice are still there,  so although they are ugly they are less likely to float way during high water levels.

Who would have guessed a wooden bridge would float away if it weren't tethered, and I think there is another tree fallen in the river.  Over 100 years this path has been useable because those responsible took sensible steps to ensure and problems that might arise would be dealt with before they are allowed to happen.  Remove the wardens and the park is slowly falling into decay.

[attachment deleted by admin]

amazon

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2019, 02:54:28 PM »
It looks as though the Council have done as much as they intend to by the Keg Pool.  The metal reinforcement sheets over the sluice are still there,  so although they are ugly they are less likely to float way during high water levels.

Probably about half the riverside path has been improved, but as the path has been “out of bounds“ for nearly  two years some of the remainder is a bit overgrown, it could do with a few more people taking a stroll down there.

The tree that fell into the river, and which started my original complaint, is still there gathering flotsam, but the hole left in the path now has a barrier to prevent people falling in the river.

I had suggested to the Council that any trees that could fall and create similar  problems should be cut down.  During proceedings I had to explain both to the Council and the Environment Agency where the Keg Pool problem was - the Environment Agency visited  the sailing lake initially.  This coincidence has prompted me to start a new issue.  Etherow Country Park Childrens’ Education Area.
Good idea

CTCREP

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2019, 06:55:08 PM »
It looks as though the Council have done as much as they intend to by the Keg Pool.  The metal reinforcement sheets over the sluice are still there,  so although they are ugly they are less likely to float way during high water levels.

Probably about half the riverside path has been improved, but as the path has been “out of bounds“ for nearly  two years some of the remainder is a bit overgrown, it could do with a few more people taking a stroll down there.

The tree that fell into the river, and which started my original complaint, is still there gathering flotsam, but the hole left in the path now has a barrier to prevent people falling in the river.

I had suggested to the Council that any trees that could fall and create similar  problems should be cut down.  During proceedings I had to explain both to the Council and the Environment Agency where the Keg Pool problem was - the Environment Agency visited  the sailing lake initially.  This coincidence has prompted me to start a new issue.  Etherow Country Park Childrens’ Education Area.

amazon

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2019, 01:27:26 PM »
The footbridge over the outlet sluice of Keg Pool has now ben replaced, and I guess temporary reinforcement has been provided so that heavy machinery can be taken down to the river bank.  There are still barriers in place to deter people;e from using the riverside path but `i didn't have time to investigate further.  Meanwhile the Bluebells etc are out, so well worth a walk up there.
Great well done to those who replaced it not been round for a while to busy try this week .

CTCREP

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2019, 02:52:15 PM »
The footbridge over the outlet sluice of Keg Pool has now ben replaced, and I guess temporary reinforcement has been provided so that heavy machinery can be taken down to the river bank.  There are still barriers in place to deter people;e from using the riverside path but `i didn't have time to investigate further.  Meanwhile the Bluebells etc are out, so well worth a walk up there.

amazon

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2019, 05:54:55 PM »
The mess by the cafe and nursery has now been tidied up considerably, although some dredging would probably be beneficial.

The need now, from those who enjoy Etherow Country Park, is for additional pressure on the Council to continue the clear up of the rest of the canal and then deal with Keg Pool.

Removing overhanging trees will reduce the chance of them falling and taking the footpaths with them.

I have written to the Council asking for the improvements to be made to the rest of the Park.  I trust others who want to keep all of our Park in a useable condition,  including the Keg Pool,  will do so as well.
Going round keg pool tomorow will see  if the river has been over the path

CTCREP

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2019, 04:53:58 PM »
The mess by the cafe and nursery has now been tidied up considerably, although some dredging would probably be beneficial.

The need now, from those who enjoy Etherow Country Park, is for additional pressure on the Council to continue the clear up of the rest of the canal and then deal with Keg Pool.

Removing overhanging trees will reduce the chance of them falling and taking the footpaths with them.

I have written to the Council asking for the improvements to be made to the rest of the Park.  I trust others who want to keep all of our Park in a useable condition,  including the Keg Pool,  will do so as well.

amazon

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2018, 06:59:27 PM »
The earlier comment about “needing more than a few barrow loads of gravel” is relevant but only because the Council failed to cut down the trees that were liable to fall into the river, which when they did do they took half the path with them.  Had the trees been cut down before they fell then their roots would have reinforced the embankment. 

Regular maintenance, as was done prior to the removal of the Park Wardens, was a relatively simple task and not requiring a degree in engineering.  Those people in responsible positions must take up the issue and ensure the Keg Pool, and the rest of Etherow Country Park are not allowed to fall into decay.
You said a few wheel barrows of Gravel .

CTCREP

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2018, 02:29:08 PM »
The earlier comment about “needing more than a few barrow loads of gravel” is relevant but only because the Council failed to cut down the trees that were liable to fall into the river, which when they did do they took half the path with them.  Had the trees been cut down before they fell then their roots would have reinforced the embankment. 

Regular maintenance, as was done prior to the removal of the Park Wardens, was a relatively simple task and not requiring a degree in engineering.  Those people in responsible positions must take up the issue and ensure the Keg Pool, and the rest of Etherow Country Park are not allowed to fall into decay.

amazon

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2018, 04:01:33 PM »
A comment in general about our natural environment. Erosion and deposition by nature was happening on our planet billions of years before man existed. Rivers were doing the same, forming valleys and other features millions of years before life started in the water. The Lake District derives its beauty mainly because it is entirely created by natural forces and not (largely) influenced by man. We can do many things but nature will continue this process regardless. Rye is a great example as it was an important port in the 16th century. Now it is miles from the sea but the view from the citadel out across the natural marshland is both beautiful and awe-inspiring. Man was unable to stop this but nature has still created something beautiful and full of diversity. Chesil beach is magnificent as a natural feature but it will eventually disappear. Llandudno is only there because of deposition on what is called a “tombolo”, in turn stimulated by the change in the path of the River Conway by glaciation. Nature will take its course and do what it wills, but a huge concern now should be to protect the natural balance in the environment so that we continue to survive in harmony with nature, not fighting against it and damaging it.
Dont see what this has to do with keg pool path .

Malcolm Allan

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2018, 01:02:10 PM »
A comment in general about our natural environment. Erosion and deposition by nature was happening on our planet billions of years before man existed. Rivers were doing the same, forming valleys and other features millions of years before life started in the water. The Lake District derives its beauty mainly because it is entirely created by natural forces and not (largely) influenced by man. We can do many things but nature will continue this process regardless. Rye is a great example as it was an important port in the 16th century. Now it is miles from the sea but the view from the citadel out across the natural marshland is both beautiful and awe-inspiring. Man was unable to stop this but nature has still created something beautiful and full of diversity. Chesil beach is magnificent as a natural feature but it will eventually disappear. Llandudno is only there because of deposition on what is called a “tombolo”, in turn stimulated by the change in the path of the River Conway by glaciation. Nature will take its course and do what it wills, but a huge concern now should be to protect the natural balance in the environment so that we continue to survive in harmony with nature, not fighting against it and damaging it.