Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Hannah Sneddon: Conservative Candidate for Marple North Leaflet  (Read 2557 times)

K.C.Dowling

Re: Hannah Sneddon: Conservative Candidate for Marple North Leaflet
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2018, 08:10:35 AM »
Carolyn,

You are quite right, we don't relly need any more studies on 'Roads To Hell.' We all know the features benefits and implications of concrete and tarmac. We all know the environmental devastation caused by accommodating the car.

No matter what has been said, by the Conservatives, it is little more than quibble. If you want local councillor support for this road (and I'm sure some do)  then vote Conservative  or LibDem.  If you don't, then don't.

Newbie1

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 10:45:23 PM »
My question was to Hannah, but thank you for answering on her behalf. 

I have re-read the leaflet, and I apolgise Kenny, it does just say that Hannah supports the investigation.  Her bio on the Hazel Grove Conservatives website does say, however, that she fully supports the Conservative campaign for the A6-M60 bypass relief road:

https://www.hazelgroveconservatives.org.uk/people/hannah-sneddon

There is already plenty of evidence to prove that induced traffic is a real phenomenon.  I'm sure most of us on this forum are old enough to have experienced this - roads keep being built but traffic just keeps on getting worse.  You don't need a very expensive business plan to tell you that, nor do you need to spend a fortune of government money to tell you that parts of the Goyt and Poise Valleys will be destroyed forever if this road is built.

CllrKennyBlair

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 09:04:22 PM »
Carolyn,

Her leaflet doesn't actually say she is in favour of the bypass. She is in favour of it moving to the next stage of investigation, which will provide an evidence base to make a fully informed decision on whether to proceed or not.

There is no Conservative party line. Some of my colleagues support this. I am undecided on it,  as I have stated on many occasions. I will make my decision based on the evidence put in front of me and I voted to progress it to the next stage to get that evidence. I am sure Hannah will do the same.

Kind regards

Kenny

Newbie1

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 07:37:51 PM »
Welcome at last Hannah. There has been a lot of speculation about you on here!

I like a lot of what your leaflet has to say apart from the bypass, which I am totally against.  There is a separate thread on here for candidates to share their opinions about this. 

I personally don't see how candidates can be in favour of the bypass and also claim to want to protect green spaces.  You are not the only one.  I saw you are in the Goyt SOS campaign group.  Do your personal views conflict with the Conservative Party Line?  There is a walk on 6th May at 2.15pm through the threatened Poise and Goyt valleys.  Please come and join us.

I'll look forward to meeting you on Thursday

Regards

Carolyn

Hannah Sneddon

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 06:41:21 PM »
Page 2

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hannah Sneddon

Hannah Sneddon: Conservative Candidate for Marple North Leaflet
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2018, 06:40:38 PM »
Hi everyone, I am running as the conservative candidate for Marple North. I have attached my leaflet which is being delivered around the ward at this moment.

The second page is attached to a second post due to the file size limit

[attachment deleted by admin]