To advertise on this site

Author Topic: Hannah Sneddon: Conservative Candidate Marple North  (Read 3057 times)

CllrGeoffAbell

Re: Hannah Sneddon: Conservative Candidate Marple North
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2018, 07:12:07 PM »
Perhaps she is able to put aside idealistic and unrealistic views, and accepts that what is needed to solve issues around congestion requires more than a couple of cycle lanes and pedestrianising Marple's high street?

@jimblob - you will get a new councillor, come what may!  And I am sure it won't be mediocre.  What was the other target then?

jimblob

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2018, 06:24:04 PM »
@JohnBates

Perhaps Hannah herself might come on and explain something I myself find difficult.  As she is: a student of environmental science, a protector of green space and someone interested in keeping the public penny well-spent, how would she reconcile plans to spend £500,000,000 on the A6-M60 link whilst keeping traffic moving and not destroying precious green spaces in the Goyt Valley?
@Carolyn Leather has asked about this and I'd be interest's in Hannah's decision.

Perhaps she is able to put aside idealistic and unrealistic views, and accepts that what is needed to solve issues around congestion requires more than a couple of cycle lanes and pedestrianising Marple's high street?

jimblob

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 06:19:06 PM »
Word from Conservative party headquarters is... and I quote.

"We have developed a strategy to win council seats across the Hazel Grove Constituency
For 2018 elections we are targeting 2 wards as a priority to win
Marple North isn’t a priority ward for this year but a leaflet will be delivered from Hannah next week"

Whilst Marple North might not be "strategic" for a Conservative candidate, your vote still counts, so if your allegiances are that way inclined a vote in that direction might just help bring about the change Marple North so desperately needs!...
if not it's very likely we'll be in for more mediocrity   ::) ::)

Snowball

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 10:30:01 PM »
Is Hannah unable to speak for herself or am I missing something?
She might not live in Marple but surely it’s not too hard to join this forum and make her introductions directly.

Newbie1

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 11:24:08 AM »
Hannah herself lives in Bredbury, which will be one of the areas worst affected by the bypass.  Her bio says she enjoys walks in the beautiful green spaces we have here in Marple.  I'd like to invite her to a walk on her own doorstep - the annual bluebell walk through the threatened Goyt and Poise Valleys on 6th May.  People are meeting outside Bredbury Hall at 2.15pm. 

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 11:09:24 AM »
@JohnBates

Perhaps Hannah herself might come on and explain something I myself find difficult.  As she is: a student of environmental science, a protector of green space and someone interested in keeping the public penny well-spent, how would she reconcile plans to spend £500,000,000 on the A6-M60 link whilst keeping traffic moving and not destroying precious green spaces in the Goyt Valley?
@Carolyn Leather has asked about this and I'd be interest's in Hannah's decision.

JohnBates

Hannah Sneddon: Conservative Candidate Marple North
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 07:21:56 PM »
Hannah Sneddon is the Conservative Candidate for Marple North:

"Hannah has lived in the Hazel Grove constituency all her life. She was born at Stepping Hill hospital and attended Werneth School, Marple Sixth Form College and Manchester College. Hannah is currently undertaking a university course in environmental science at Manchester Metropolitan University, she is also working as a part time kitchen assistant at the Slug and Lettuce.

Hannah is committed to representing the community and will do this by attending local community events and holding meet and greets where she will listen to local resident’s opinions, ideas and complaints, helping them to resolve any issues.

Hannah is particularly interested in protecting and promoting green spaces, especially the many fantastic ones in Marple North. Hannah regularly visits the shops in Marple and the green spaces, especially Etherow and the Roman Lakes.

She would also like to improve public transport, particularly Metrolink to Marple North. In conjunction with this she understands the road network also needs improving to alleviate the heavy traffic, fully supporting the Local Conservative campaign for the A6-M60 Relief Road. She will ensure that council tax is carefully and efficiently spent."

•   Supports the development of the Mellor, Marple Bridge,Mill Brow & Compstall Neighbourhood Plan
•   Will work to improve local traffic flow to reduce congestion.
•   Supports the Conservative campaign for new leisure facility in Marple
•   Will continue the campaign to bring metrolink to Marple
•   Will work to protect Marple North from inappropriate residential development
•   Will work to develop a thriving Marple Town Centre.
•   Supports the move to apply for funding to investigate the feasibility of the M60 A6 link.
•   Will defend our parks and work to make them better for residents
•   Supports the Conservative campaign for a free 30 minute parking tariff
•   Will work hard for the area

www.hazelgroveconservatives.org.uk/people/hannah-sneddon