Self Catering Holiday Cottages in
Marple, Stockport & Cheshire

Author Topic: LE 2018 - 10 days to go: 10 positive reasons to vote for Yvonne Collier  (Read 3532 times)

Victor M

Re: LE 2018 - 10 days to go: 10 positive reasons to vote for Yvonne Collier
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2018, 11:13:44 AM »
I will work with the local Conservative Councillors, our MP and the Mill Green Management to campaign for fibre internet to be installed to Strines via the BT connection to Disley.

As a retired Telecoms Engineer I find this very interesting, the expense to link Strines to Disley would require a large amount of road works to be undertaken installing new ducts, not very practical or cost effective I would suggest you would be best taking to Tom Dowse who promised to improve the broadband provision in Strines in his election leaflets 2 years ago!

Newbie1

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 08:07:49 AM »
The hustings can be viewed on Facebook from the High Lane Neighbourhood Forum group:

https://m.facebook.com/hlvnf.org/

Please advertise more widely if arranged next year.  Well done to all the candidates, lots of good ideas between you.

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 07:08:02 PM »
Indeed, I didn't see it promoted anywhere either. Could have put it on here so easily.

That was a good point - it was organised via the High Lane forum that is doing their neighbourhood plan.  @CllrKennyBlair said he'd helped organise it too.  All Marple South candidates were invited and it was advertised via High Lane Residents, but you are right @admin this'd have a good place too!  I'd like to think High Lane is not a place apart...  On the other hand, you would have needed to go over 21 road humps to get there, as @TomDowseMarpleSouth  @ColinMac  and others remkind me.

I believe that it was also broadcast via a live feed on Facebook.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Where was this hustings advertised?  I didn't see it anywhere and I would have wanted to go.

Indeed, I didn't see it promoted anywhere either. Could have put it on here so easily.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Newbie1

Where was this hustings advertised?  I didn't see it anywhere and I would have wanted to go. 

CllrGeoffAbell

Yvonne,
Outwardly the free 30 min parking is the most attractive of your points.  We do have free parking at Asda and on street and I would ask:
1) How would you pay for the shortfall, given (as @Chris Wallis said last night) the Con gov are cutting another £18m from gov funding of Stockport this year?
2) Marple car parks are full.  Would you build more?
3) Do you encourage cycling for short shoppoing trips?

All candidates at last night's High Lane hustings seemed to do well, although differing slightly in message and emphasis - @ColinMac  @yvonnecollier and @Chris Wallis

yvonnecollier

If elected @yvonnecollier , please don't neglect to involve Friends of Marple Memorial Park on this item. The group has been responsible for gaining sponsorship, refurbishing and maintaining all the benches on Market Street and Derby Way over the last two years and one of the four so far on the Hollins. They were in a terrible state prior to this, as you can see from the ones still not done on the Hollins. Sponsors for the last three are still needed to complete the task.

As someone who often nips into Marple by car on the way elsewhere to pay money into the bank etc, I would be a fan of this.
How would it work? Would you still have to display a free ticket with your arrival time on it so that it could be policed by the attendants?

As per my original post " I want to start a cross-party task force with local stakeholders such as Marple Business Forum, Marple Civic Society, Stockport MBC and local residents to fight for a much needed upgrade."..... by cross-party I mean just that. For Marple to really get the best from any regeneration plan, it has to be  including of all groups, associations, clubs etc and most importantly residents. I look forward to working with them all if elected as your Councillor.

With regards to the parking question; Yes, this is usually how these schemes work and I would expect to see the same for Marple South.

ringi

I assume you will be no more responsive than our MP who has not responded to a letter I send him, hence, you may wish to ask him why you are not getting my vote…….

amazon

Very late to come on the scene. Many of us have already voted.
i voted last friday .

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
1. I want to start a cross-party task force with local stakeholders such as Marple Business Forum, Marple Civic Society, Stockport MBC and local residents to fight for a much needed upgrade.

If elected @yvonnecollier , please don't neglect to involve Friends of Marple Memorial Park on this item. The group has been responsible for gaining sponsorship, refurbishing and maintaining all the benches on Market Street and Derby Way over the last two years and one of the four so far on the Hollins. They were in a terrible state prior to this, as you can see from the ones still not done on the Hollins. Sponsors for the last three are still needed to complete the task.

2. I will campaign for a Free 30 Minute car parking tariff in our local council-owned car parks.

As someone who often nips into Marple by car on the way elsewhere to pay money into the bank etc, I would be a fan of this.
How would it work? Would you still have to display a free ticket with your arrival time on it so that it could be policed by the attendants?

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

wheels

Very late to come on the scene. Many of us have already voted.

yvonnecollier

LE 2018 - 10 days to go: 10 positive reasons to vote for Yvonne Collier
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2018, 09:25:20 PM »
It's only 10 days to go until polling day: May 3rd 2018

It seems the right time to show 10 positive reasons to vote for me, Yvonne Collier, on May 3rd as your local Councillor.

1. I want to start a cross-party task force with local stakeholders such as Marple Business Forum, Marple Civic Society, Stockport MBC and local residents to fight for a much needed upgrade.
2. I will campaign for a Free 30 Minute car parking tariff in our local council-owned car parks.
3. I will demand our local roads benefit from Government grants and will be a strong advocate for local residents whose vehicles are damaged daily as a result of poor roads.
4. I pledge to work with local residents and to find a sensible medium by reducing car speeds without punishing safe drivers from the area.
5. I will work with the local Conservative Councillors, our MP and the Mill Green Management to campaign for fibre internet to be installed to Strines via the BT connection to Disley.
6. I am and will continue to fight for a new state-of-the-art sports facility in Marple to be used by local residents, schools and local sports teams.
7. I will continue to be a fighting voice for our local greenbelt, and will help protect these sites by working with the local Council to identify un-used brownfield sites which would appropriate places for redevelopment.
8. I will demand that the Council 'cough-up' the resources to fund a new play park for local Hawk Green residents.
9. I will fight for a route which will serve Marple and High Lane via Stepping Hill Hospital. This plan can be seen via the TFGM 2040 Strategy, backed by the Conservative Government here..... https://www.tfgm.com/2040
10. I will be an active part of an already strong Conservative team with 'a record of action and a promise of more' and a strong voice for local residents.

The full leaflet can be found here...... https://www.hazelgroveconservatives.org.uk/news/marple-south-and-high-lane-pledges-leaflet