Wealth Management | S&T Wealth provide portfolio & investment advice

Author Topic: Why vote Green?  (Read 4381 times)

wheels

Re: Why vote Green?
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2018, 10:44:44 PM »
Wouldn't you have been more useful employed pressing the flesh in Marple North

Newbie1

Re: Why vote Green?
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 06:57:52 PM »
I've just come back from a climate change and sustainability conference in Manchester today.  Our government could, and should, be doing so much more to tackle air pollution, climate change and other environmental issues. 

I'm hopeful that more Green Party councillors will be elected than ever before in May.  Please vote Green and send a strong message to the government that they cannot ignore.

Newbie1

Why vote Green?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 04:08:50 PM »
Marple is a great place to live.  We have the canal network, plenty of parks and green spaces, and are only a 25min train ride away from Manchester Piccadily.  We have our wonderful cinema and an increasing number of independent restaurants and cafes.  People are friendly and we have lots of community groups and opportunities for people of all ages.  We do need investment in the centre, however, and I would love it to become the vibrant, bustling centre I'm told it was once again.

Calling oneself a protector of Green Spaces seems like a common theme for candidates of all colours in elections.  It is only Green Party candidates who can totally be trusted to protect ALL green spaces, both in Marple and in Stockport.

The Green Party is an anti-austerity party.  If elected, I can stand up against budget cuts and campaign against austerity.  How can my Lib Dem and Conservative opponents do this when it is their coalition government that introduced austerity?  I was a junior doctor 20 years ago.  Things were much better then, but the pressure I was under at times was almost intolerable.  I can completely empathise with the pressure our public servants are under now.  I'm not going to be adding to their pressure, but will fight for better funding for our public services. 

If elected, I would be able to push for investment in Marple.  I will be free to vote for what is best for Marple.  I'm not going to be restricted by national headquarters, like most of my opponents. 

National Green Party policies may not appeal to some.  However, we are talking about local politics here.  As much as I'd like to see it, I think its unlikely that the Green Party is going to have a huge amount of power anytime soon.    At a local level. even just a single Green councillor can make a difference and I would urge people to consider voting Green on May 3rd. 

On a lighter note, a shock election result would bring publicity to our lovely little town- vote Green on May 3rd!