Security Alarms, Fire Alarms, CCTV & Access Controls Stockport

Author Topic: Kevin Dowling: Independent Candidate for Marple North  (Read 23221 times)

Howard

Re: Kevin Dowling: Independent Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2018, 09:02:48 AM »
I realise this is a catch 22 situation, but realistically, unless there's a massive sea-change in the political climate (and lets face it, there isn't one coming any time soon. The biggest change in recent years was UKIP and they've imploded since the referendum), in the Marple and High Lane wards it's either a Conservative or a LibDem who will win. The other candidates, whilst admirable they are standing up for what they believe, have effectively zero chance of winning here.

This means the a constituent either votes for the candidate/party they support or tactically for the lesser of two evils. Anything else is a wasted vote.

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2018, 06:31:09 AM »
What is important now Bowden Guy, is your vote on Thursday.

Bowden Guy

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2018, 06:28:59 PM »
Remind everyone.....how many times did you post on this forum when you were "Councillor Kev" , as simonesaffrone once described you during the great Asda battle?

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2018, 04:03:32 PM »
Dear Marple North Electorate.

We all know that this election next Thursday, is not a National Election. Governments are not going to be decided on the outcome of the local election of Marple North.

From many of the postings I have read on this forum, on vast and varied subjects, it is obvious to me, that in recent years, say the last three, many of you are uneasy with the way SMBC has managed our ward. We all know that whether, we think it justified or not, we are in straitened times, in the land of austerity. However we just cannot go on accepting this, as the reason for a  never ending can't do mantra. Life goes on and our elected officials must challenge this retort and this is something that in recent years, that they evidently and seemingly have not been doing.       

It is also obvious that you won't obtain improvement or change, unless you ask for it and press your requests until it happens. I have said this before but if you continue to support and vote for the same old political hegemony, nothing will alter.

Today, on the forum we complain recently about such as: footpaths, the development on Manor Road, dog-muck in the park, the leaks in our water and drain system, traffic management, law enforcement, It is a well worn cliché, but the list is truly endless. In isolation, these issues are not life-changing for many but much larger issues loom ahead and they may be. What do our council representatives, both incumbent and prospective do on this forum? That is to say those who can be bothered to come on the forum, for some of them, don't even do that.  They just treat us with the disdain, that they seemingly believe, we will accept and they ignore us. Even those who come on the forum, often just use it to verbally glad-hand and congratulate each other, for no greater achievement than they have attended a meeting. Whilst all this goes on they expect, anticipate and are even counting on us voting for them.

How can they make this outrageous assumption ?

It is all to do with the party political system that grips the nation with its un-openable vice like hand.

There is only one answer, send the political class  a message,  ON THURSDAY, DON'T VOTE FOR THEM. THIS TIME YOU HAVE A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY TO VOTE FOR  AN INDEPENDENT CANDIDATE, WHO IS NOT ENSLAVED BY ANY POLITICAL PARTY SYSTEM AND WHO WILL STAND UP AGAINST THE 'CAN'T DO, GOT NO MONEY,' MANTRA. This is an opportunity almost without precedent, don't waste your vote by going down the party route again.

To all those who are considering voting Labour. You cannot win this election. There has never been a Labour Councillor in Marple, in modern times.   Very little is impossible in this world but that outcome is as close as it gets to being it. Do you really want to be represented on the council by another Lib Dem or even worse a Conservative. Keep them out. Voting for Labour is pointless, it's a waste of a walk to the polling booth, vote Labour next year if you want to, but on Thursday vote INDEPENDENT.

To all those who are considering voting Conservative. Does the campaign the Conservatives have presented this time, deserve you vote? It's highly unlikely you'll win. You were a poor second, last time, with a strong local candidate and you don't have that this time. Do you want to be instrumental in a Lib Dem victory once again? Just because you voted Conservative, What have you got in common with the Libdems ?.  THEN DON'T VOTE CONSERVATIVE ! IT'S  A CERTAIN VOTE FOR A RUNNER-UP AND IT'S NOT THE OLYMPICS YOU GET NOTHING FOR SECOND PLACE, IN POLITICS, SO VOTE  INDEPENDENT!

To all those considering voting Lib Dem. Send them a message, fire a shot across their bows. If you keep voting for them, then they'll keep doing what they've been doing. Which is what? Well answer that for yourself.

Vote with your brains this time, not with your feet or your past party allegiance.

VOTE INDEPENDENT.

You know what you get with the others, try something different , just this once.   

DON'T WASTE YOUR VOTE.

Did you realise, that if the Independent Candidate receives 50% of the votes cast last time from the three main party votes, then he is elected.

So What have you got to lose.

VOTE INDEPENDENT ON Thursday.

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2018, 06:35:53 AM »
So Far Wheels,

It would seem that you are right in your assumption.

amazon

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2018, 03:13:11 PM »
Well Done Amazon,

I won't ask.
Sorry Kevan ...

wheels

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2018, 10:06:56 AM »
What an excellent question Kevin for the development you mention really is an outstanding example of a tacky poorly designed development with the most inconsiderate of developers.

I doubt you will get an answer however as I don't expect the Bredbury Tory even knows what you're talking about.

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2018, 08:47:55 AM »
Question for Hannah,

By the way welcome to the website.

You say in your leaflet that you will... protect Marple North from inappropriate residential development.'  What exactly do you mean by 'inappropriate.' I appreciate that it is an open question, so, just to localise it a bit. How would you classify the current/ongoing residential development on Manor Road ?

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2018, 05:22:12 PM »
Well Done Amazon,

I won't ask.

amazon

« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2018, 05:10:36 PM »
Hello Carolyn,

I'd put it on the forum If I knew how, it certainly deserves to be.

Admin would probably censor it though...Ah, Well.
Voted done dusted .

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2018, 04:44:11 PM »
Hello Carolyn,

I'd put it on the forum If I knew how, it certainly deserves to be.

Admin would probably censor it though...Ah, Well.

Newbie1

« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2018, 03:45:30 PM »
What do you mean??

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2018, 02:05:22 PM »
That's what I call a poster!   

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2018, 09:06:59 AM »
Postal vote process starts today.

Who is the Conservative candidate for Marple North?

Where is the Conservative candidate for Marple North?

If you are the Conservative candidate for Marple North, Why are you invisible?

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2018, 07:46:47 PM »
andrewbowden,

Apologies for spelling your name incorrectly.