Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Kevin Dowling: Independent Candidate for Marple North  (Read 23206 times)

jimblob

Re: Kevin Dowling: Independent Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 01:25:44 PM »
Hi Kevin,
I'm intrigued to understand what you manifesto actually is. It reads as to why we should note vote for a candidate aligned to a mainstream party but doesn't state anywhere what you actually stand for it intend to do?

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 11:19:42 AM »
Hello Chris,

I'm curious, why are you standing for a seat in Marple, when you live in Heaton Mersey? What is your Marple connection?

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 07:11:57 AM »
Hello Carolyn,

The "bottom up" party has become a bit of a cliché now. Nevertheless thank you for your grace and your kind words and good luck to you also. 

chris wallis

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »
Hi Kevin

I'm the Labour candidate in Marple South. What party did you represent when you were a Councillor?

Chris Wallis

Newbie1

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »
Hi Kevin

I am pleased to see you standing again as an Independent Candidate . I agree with most of your comments about the advantages of having an Independent Councillor.  I just wanted to point out that the Green Party is a "bottom up" party.  Green councillors are not shackled by headquarters national policy, and can vote as they wish regarding local issues, unlike councillors from the other Parties.  Social and environmental justice will always be at the heart of all Green Party policy, however, whether at National or Local level

Best of luck

Carolyn Leather
Green Party Candidate for Marple North

K.C.Dowling

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2018, 05:30:53 PM »
Hello Admin,

Thank you

Really appreciate the technical help and expertise.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2018, 02:19:36 PM »
Here's a copy of Kevin Dowling's manifesto pasted from the pdf version attached to his post below. Admin

Kevin Dowling: Marple Independent for Compstall, Marple, Marple Bridge, Mellor, Mill Brow, Rosehill.

Hello,

My name is Kevin Dowling

I am a published, local author (3 books) and the proprietor of the Springfield Hotel, which is situated on Station Road, Marple. The Springfield has been serving the local community since the 1960s.

For many years I have both lived and worked in Marple. It is a community I recognise, I care about and I am committed to.

In the forthcoming local elections on Thursday, 3rd May, I will be standing as an Independent Candidate for Marple North.

I am standing at this election because as a former councillor (2011-2015) I have seen how National Party Politics, stifles local government. How it devours the time and energy of our ‘locally elected representatives’ and how they become pre-occupied with issues that they were not elected to give their time and energy to. These issues distract them, even detach them completely, from local matters, matters that they were elected to give their time and energy to.

Local Councillors should be primarily concerned with, and dedicated to, local business, NOT NATIONAL Problems.

Nevertheless, because we have no choice, we as the local electorate vote these National parties in, year after year. As a consequence, our important, local Marple issues such as: vehicular traffic congestion, parking, school places, public realm, transport, housing, policing and an abundance of others, are far too often, left unprioritized at best and at worst, ignored.

This year is different, WHY? Because this year you will have the opportunity to relegate All the National parties and vote for somebody independent, somebody truly Local. Don’t waste this precious opportunity.

I will not be invading your letterbox, every few days, with leaflets, that play the same old song, the one, they keep giving us at every election. Nor do I intend to appear uninvited on your doorstep. This leaflet will be the only unsolicited communication you will receive from me during this campaign.

So, please consider this. In Marple North are we really, once again, going to elect some completely, previously unknown face, from one of the same old, self-interested, National parties? Do we have to eternally tolerate our Local community issues being overshadowed by an agenda that has been set at some National Party HQ? Surely, we are overdue in returning at least one, Local Independent Representative. A representative who is completely free of National party politics and who has a prime objective, to use all his time and energy in office, to focus upon the right kind of preservation and development for our local neighbourhood.

ARE YOU LOCAL AT LOCAL ELECTIONS ?

THEN VOTE IT

VOTE KEVIN DOWLING

kevin1dowling@gmail.com
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

K.C.Dowling

Kevin Dowling: Independent Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2018, 11:17:06 AM »
Dear Forum.

Please find attached my manifesto for the 2018 Local Elections which I hope is self explanatory.
Apologies for the K.C.Dowling username, I am trying to change this shortly to Kevin Dowling, I am one and the same, but I am having some IT difficulty.

[attachment deleted by admin]