All your Marple and Stockport property and financial needs under one roof

Author Topic: Carolyn Leather: Green Party Candidate Marple North  (Read 5509 times)

Newbie1

Carolyn Leather: Green Party Candidate Marple North
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 04:00:41 PM »
Hello everyone.  My name is Carolyn Leather and I am very pleased to be standing as a Green Party Candidate in Marple North. 

I moved to Marple from Poynton with my husband, twins now aged 14 and two little dogs in March 2015.  I grew up in Stockport and went to Leeds University to study Medicine in 1993.  I completed GP training in Harrogate and then took on a 6 month job at St Ann's Hospice in Heald Green.  I decided during my time at St Ann's that I wanted to pursue a career in Palliative Medicine rather than General Practice.  I then worked at East Cheshire Hospice for 13 years.

My daughter has Rett Syndrome, which is a severely disabling neurological condition.  We had many problems whilst she was at school and I decided to home educate both my children in 2011. This was an incredibly difficult decision to make, mainly because I had to give up my career in Medicine, but it has been a positive choice for our family. 

It was the difficulties that we faced within the education system that sparked my interest in politics.  I found that the Green Party's policies resonated very strongly with my personal beliefs, and I am proud to be standing as a candidate for them now.

We have spent the past couple of years completely remodelling and adapting our bungalow so that it will meet the needs of our daughter throughout her life.  Although I am fairly new to Marple, I am therefore completely committed to the area and I will do my very best for its residents if I am elected in May.  Protecting our green spaces and the environment will always be at the forefront of my mind when making decisions.

My daughter and I walk our dogs every day in the Memorial Park and through town,  so please do stop us to chat about any issues that concern you.  We have a friendly Blenheim Cavalier and a shy white/grey Bichon/Shitzu cross and my daughter uses a wheelchair, so I think we are quite easy to spot!