Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Shed, Garage and general security  (Read 3213 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Shed, Garage and general security
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 02:49:19 PM »
Further to my message yesterday I have emailed the Police to see if they have any initiatives at present for items such as shed alarms, they have run this sort of programme in the past.

If I have any joy with any reply received I will post on here accordingly.

Kind regards and thanks for reading this

Steve Gribbon
Lib Dems Councillor Candidate 2018

Steve Gribbon

Shed, Garage and general security
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 01:53:47 PM »
Hello all who read this

I've been out to see a resident today who had an attempt at her shed being broken into, the snowfall earlier this week gave the footprints away of going back and forth around the garden. This appears to be on the increase going by local websites and what I have been told.

I would just like to get over (and excuse this if it appears patronising) the point of getting a good lock on any easy to enter property like a shed or outhouse, and keep all tools safely in there, avoiding letting any would be criminals getting easy pickings. The more we keep property secure, the less they will want to be in the area.

Finally, wheelie bins. A lot of people go to work before the bins get emptied so they can remain on the pavement all day, this is an easy sign to criminals that the house is empty. If we can help each other by simply moving empty bins onto the drive or garden it would not only help your neighbour but yourself too, the more people look in their house during the day the less desire there will be to people taking a chance and carrying out thefts.

In my role in the Fire Service we deal a lot with the Police and whilst it sounds obvious it is a way that criminals are looking at quiet streets and empty houses.

Thanks for reading this, stay safe people!

Steve Gribbon
Lib Dems Candidate for Marple North 2018

Please follow me on twitter sgribbonlibdems