Cole and Fox Interior Design Marple | Romiley | Stockport

Author Topic: Yvonne Collier: Conservative Candidate Marple South & High Lane  (Read 1872 times)

yvonnecollier

Yvonne Collier: Conservative Candidate Marple South & High Lane
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »

Hello fellow residents of Marple, High Lane, Strines & Hawk Green.

I am Yvonne Collier, born in Marple in the early 70’s, I am proud to call myself a true ‘Marpleite’.

Having been born in Marple and lived within the ward by entire life (40-something years), I cannot think of a bigger privilege than to serve the residents of Marple South and High Lane as your Councillor in the local elections in May.

I attended Peacefield Primary school (now a housing estate) through the 70’s and early 80’s and then moved up to Marple Ridge High School (also now a housing estate) where having passed my GCSE’s, I left as ‘the class of 1990’.
I have now lived in High Lane Village for 30 years, 17 of which with my husband and our 2 teenage children.

I am proud to work for the Department of Work & Pensions, where I have been for the past 16 years. My role is a challenging but rewarding one which has given me many opportunities to build on my passions for helping others and Wellbeing.

Over the years I have worked with many community groups; youth leader at High Lane youth club; Beaver scout leader at 1st High Lane; I worked with my grandparents for the best part of 20 years through the 70’s and 80’s putting on Marple Carnival for local residents and until last year, I was secretary of Hazel Grove Carnival and Hazel Grove Winter Wonderland.

I am proud to be a trustee/ member of 3 NHS trusts and a Cancer Champion for Greater Manchester.

Why do I want to serve the community by being your Conservative Councillor? Well that’s easy; I’m motivated by the desire to make a difference, a difference for the better. I have always been passionate about helping others and doing my best. What other position fulfils these criteria?

As a resident, I have an understanding about what is important to those living in our magnificent ward;
-       I am an active campaigner against the current GMSF proposals to build on our wonderful, precious greenbelt.
-   Since being selected in autumn, I have been working hard campaigning against the removal of our local bus services and liaising with numerous groups to find resolution to the increase of dog fouling locally.
-   I am working with SMBC over the high pollution levels across the ward as our traffic congestion grows. This in turn has lead to me taking strong action to fight over the continuous excessive speeding along Strines road.

I have been out speaking with residents on the door steps every weekend and at many local group meetings. If I have missed you, please feel free to get in touch by any of the following methods.
Email: yvonnecollier.mshl@gmail.com
Phone: 07498544235
Twitter: @yvonnecollier1
Facebook: fb.com/collier4marplesouth
Writing: c/o 119b Church Lane, Marple, Stockport. SK6 7AY

I will always strive to find answers to your queries and reply back personally.

I am honoured to have been selected to stand as your Conservative candidate for Marple South and High Lane and I am very much looking forward to meeting many more residents over the coming 12 weeks and beyond.