Estate agency, done differently in Marple and District

Author Topic: Chris Gleeson: Labour Candidate for Marple North  (Read 6938 times)

ChrisGleeson

Re: Chris Gleeson: Labour Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2017, 06:32:53 AM »
Quote from Steve Gribbon (sorry not following the standard formatting...)
"I think a rail link to Stockport would be of benefit for the area, firstly as it could take a good section of traffic flow off the roads and secondly it would allow for spending power to stay in the Borough. The trains, especially this time of year are full going to and coming from Manchester so creating a link into Stockport I believe is well worth looking into."

Steve, good to see we agree about the benefits of investment in the rail network. The only party that looks like coming up with the money is Labour.

No worries at all about jumping in in on the thread. I'm all for an open debate!

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 07:40:54 PM »
SO how do you propose rail link to stockport from marple if thats what you mean .the Bredbury by pass needs to be started .

Hi again Amazon

If I was given the ability to choose a designated route it would be on the Marple line (not Rose Hill), and the join would take place in between Brinnington and Reddish South. Obviously there will be more to it than a simple joining of the lines, but in terms of disruption and amount of land needed I have always liked the look of this.
Seeing as it isn't my choice it may just not be possible, but I've always enjoyed a challenge and it could be something which proves achievable.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

amazon

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 07:02:13 PM »
Hello Amazon

It's good to see someone being supportive of what we have in place already. On a personal note (which ties in to my area improvement wishes) I think a rail link to Stockport would be of benefit for the area, firstly as it could take a good section of traffic flow off the roads and secondly it would allow for spending power to stay in the Borough. The trains, especially this time of year are full going to and coming from Manchester so creating a link into Stockport I believe is well worth looking into.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon (Lib dems candidiate)

Chris-apologies for jumping on your page!

SO how do you propose rail link to stockport from marple if thats what you mean .the Bredbury by pass needs to be started .

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 05:11:37 PM »
. PUBLIC TRANSPORT is fine in Marple dosent know what hes on about great service to stockport .good service to mellor weekdays new rolling Stock on railways when ready

Hello Amazon

It's good to see someone being supportive of what we have in place already. On a personal note (which ties in to my area improvement wishes) I think a rail link to Stockport would be of benefit for the area, firstly as it could take a good section of traffic flow off the roads and secondly it would allow for spending power to stay in the Borough. The trains, especially this time of year are full going to and coming from Manchester so creating a link into Stockport I believe is well worth looking into.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon (Lib dems candidiate) 

Chris-apologies for jumping on your page!

amazon

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »
Interesting to see @ChrisGleeson post being quoted on Twitter by @TomDowseMarpleSouth   :
. PUBLIC TRANSPORT is fine in Marple dosent know what hes on about great service to stockport .good service to mellor weekdays new rolling Stock on railways when ready

chriswallis labour

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2017, 12:53:38 PM »
Howard - what prompted that post?

Howard

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2017, 11:46:33 AM »
If I see any slanging between candidates, I'm not going to be happy. I'd like to see what our candidates say about themselves, not see them sticking the boot in to make political points. There are other platforms for that.

chriswallis labour

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2017, 09:19:26 AM »
Geoff, you're right, it was 2016 that the fake graph was produced. Nevertheless it was your party that did it, and the candidate is a Stockport councillor. You certainly didn't keep that data accurate. As for Freedom of Expression, I'm not clear where that comes from but the Labour party share that. 

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2017, 11:28:22 AM »
Hi I'm Chris Wallis and I'm the Labour candidate in Marple South and High Lane. Chris Gleeson is absoulutely right, and every vote for Labour in the Council elections is a vote to keep the Labour party in charge of Stockport Council.

Labour has a 2 seat lead over the Lib Dems 23 to 21. The Conservatives have 14 seats, Independent Ratepayers (Heald Green) 3, and Stockport Residents 2. We are vulnerable to the Lib Dems, so if you are a Labour supporter, please don't be taken in by their 'Vote Lib Dem to keep the Tories out' mantra. It appeared to work for Hazel Grove in General Elections until 2015 when Andrew Stunnell retired, and William Wragg got in. It certainly doesn't work any more, and they know that. They were reduced to producing misleading graphics in their literature in 2015 which showed their lead over Labour much greater than it actually was. Fake news.

As for Tom Dowse's implication that Stockport Council only invests in wards which have voted for the ruling party, that is clearly nonsense. Any investment in the Heatons must have been planned and prepared under the Lib Dems, long before Labour took control.

If there's 2 things that Lib Dems stand for it's Freedom of Expression, and Keeping Data Safe and Accurate.  We - and certainly I - do not mislead or tell untruths.  Do not forget that there were 2 elections in 2015 - a national and a local one.  Is it possible you got these confused?

chriswallis labour

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 08:47:04 AM »
Hi Mark

Thanks for the welcome. I'll be postimg an introduction to myself and my candidacy later today.

Chris Wallis

Condate

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 08:34:11 AM »

The real point I was making was that every Labour vote in May's local elections increases the probability of a Labour win in the next general election.

Why? Nobody votes Labour (or Conservative, or Lib Dem) anyway. People may vote for you; you might even get elected, but that's you; not Labour. Why would which candidate a person wants to see as local councillor, have any bearing in who they want to see as MP?

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 06:14:08 AM »
Hi I'm Chris Wallis and I'm the Labour candidate in Marple South and High Lane.

Welcome to the Marple Community forum @chriswallis labour .

Are you able to provide us with an introduction to you as a candidate as @ChrisGleeson and @Steve Gribbon have done please?

If you post this in a new thread then it can be shared in the same way as the others.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

chriswallis labour

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 11:48:09 PM »
Hi I'm Chris Wallis and I'm the Labour candidate in Marple South and High Lane. Chris Gleeson is absoulutely right, and every vote for Labour in the Council elections is a vote to keep the Labour party in charge of Stockport Council.

Labour has a 2 seat lead over the Lib Dems 23 to 21. The Conservatives have 14 seats, Independent Ratepayers (Heald Green) 3, and Stockport Residents 2. We are vulnerable to the Lib Dems, so if you are a Labour supporter, please don't be taken in by their 'Vote Lib Dem to keep the Tories out' mantra. It appeared to work for Hazel Grove in General Elections until 2015 when Andrew Stunnell retired, and William Wragg got in. It certainly doesn't work any more, and they know that. They were reduced to producing misleading graphics in their literature in 2015 which showed their lead over Labour much greater than it actually was. Fake news.

As for Tom Dowse's implication that Stockport Council only invests in wards which have voted for the ruling party, that is clearly nonsense. Any investment in the Heatons must have been planned and prepared under the Lib Dems, long before Labour took control.

ChrisGleeson

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 07:35:08 PM »
Interesting to see @ChrisGleeson post being quoted on Twitter by @TomDowseMarpleSouth   :

I'm wondering which improvements to the public realm in Heaton Moor Tom Dowse means? It is true that Heatons North has three excellent Labour councillors, but the suggestion that Labour voting wards get more investment is a little contentious.

The real point I was making was that every Labour vote in May's local elections increases the probability of a Labour win in the next general election. Then comes 'the real investment that Labour propose'. Voters who want this investment in public transport should vote Labour rather than for either of the parties responsible for the austerity we've suffered since the banking crisis.

Want Labour policies? Vote Labour!

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 04:19:53 PM »

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website