Lawler & Co - Marple's Local Independent Estate Agent for Sales and Lettings

Author Topic: Chris Gleeson: Labour Candidate for Marple North  (Read 6937 times)

ChrisGleeson

Re: Chris Gleeson: Labour Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »
Thanks Mark and Steve. Hope you both have a good Christmas.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 04:53:23 PM »
Hi Chris

Welcome to another candidate and all the best during the campaign.

Have a great festive season to you and your family.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon (Lib Dems candidate).

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:19:27 AM »
Welcome to the Marple Website Forum @ChrisGleeson , I look forward to your contributions.

If you have any web site or social media links that you'd like to add to this thread then please do.

If you have any technical difficulties with the forum then @Howard and I are always happy to help.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

ChrisGleeson

Chris Gleeson: Labour Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 09:22:55 AM »
Thanks to the admin for the invitation to say a little about myself. Here goes!

I’m coming to the end of a career in education, including several years as deputy head at Bramhall High. I have the energy, the commitment and the skills to make a difference in Marple.

Born in Stockport, I’ve lived half my life here, with some time in London, Newcastle and Zimbabwe. I believe that there is too much inequality in the world, in the country, and locally. If everyone is treated more fairly, everyone’s lives get better.

Marple is not “an island entire unto itself”. The bigger picture in Stockport, Greater Manchester and the UK affects Marple and in return Marple contributes to the bigger picture.

Public transport is not good enough in Marple and an example of the way the local and national are interconnected. There is too much through traffic, with rush hour gridlock. Trains are not frequent enough and the rolling stock is in poor condition. If elected I would do the work necessary to improve the details, but every Labour vote also makes it more likely that Marple would benefit from the real investment that Labour propose.

During the campaign I will make similar links in Education, Housing and Policing. National austerity policies, from Lib Dems and Tories alike, are affecting life in Marple. 1944 people in Marple North voted for Labour in the elections for Greater Manchester Mayor. I want to persuade even more to vote for me in May because things really can get better!