Janine Kelly - Yoga teacher in Marple

Author Topic: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North  (Read 24450 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2018, 09:08:26 PM »
Hi Steve, will save you a job re the double yellow lines. Eastwood Drive has not yet been adopted by the Council due to ongoing discussions with the developer, Morris Homes. As such, they cannot legally put down the double yellow lines but they have requested permission from Morris homes which has not yet been forthcoming. Council Officers continue to chase them and the adoption of the road.

Hello Kenny

Thank you for the update, I do appreciate it and no doubt a similar reply will be coming from the Council.

I had a really good chat with the site owner of the offices, we are keeping in touch over his plans to develop the site and I've spoken to a resident to say things are progressing, this will be relayed to all residents over the weekend.

Kind regards Kenny and enjoy your weekend.

Steve.

CllrKennyBlair

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2018, 07:41:46 PM »
Hi Steve, will save you a job re the double yellow lines. Eastwood Drive has not yet been adopted by the Council due to ongoing discussions with the developer, Morris Homes. As such, they cannot legally put down the double yellow lines but they have requested permission from Morris homes which has not yet been forthcoming. Council Officers continue to chase them and the adoption of the road.

Steve Gribbon

Re: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North-Updated 05 April 2018
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2018, 03:33:45 PM »

Good afternoon

I have made a short video, the 4th since I started my campaigning. This is highlighting the need for double yellow lines in a specific area and my wanting action taken on an empty/abandoned office block as it is dangerous and attracting unwanted attention for residents.

I really hope that people will be voting for me on May 3rd, I have worked tirelessly in helping people over the last few Months and want the opportunity to continue this as a Councillor. Your constructive comments as always are very welcome.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2018, 09:23:57 PM »
I entirely agree Steve, even  though I don’t really approve of referendums because we have a parliamentary democracy and referendums don’t fit easily with that. It wouldn’t be a second referendum, of course - it would be a third. The first was in 1975, when we voted remain by a decisive 67%.

But the third referendum needs to be entirely different - not simply in or out, but a vote on the actual withdrawal agreement.  It could be framed like this, with voters invited to agree with one of three possible statements:

1.  The UK should leave the EU on 29 March 2019 on the terms set out in the withdrawal agreement.

2.  The U.K. should reject the withdrawal agreement and leave the EU on 29 March 2019 with no agreement

3.  The U.K. should withdraw Article 50 and remain within the EU.

Thanks Dave, that's a really well put response. Fair point on the '3rd'referendum too. It's great that people are joining in on this, we can't all agree about everything but this is the beauty of respectful debate. 

Kind regards, Steve.

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2018, 08:32:54 PM »
If this is done, we should be able to mark both our 1st and our 2nd choose options.     However, I don't think there will be time for a vote as the agreement will not be in place until the last minutes.

If only we could have 1st and 2nd choices in elections too....

ringi

« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2018, 02:22:20 PM »
If this is done, we should be able to mark both our 1st and our 2nd choose options.     However, I don't think there will be time for a vote as the agreement will not be in place until the last minutes.

Dave

« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2018, 11:40:05 AM »
As for a second referendum I wouldn't rule it out

I entirely agree Steve, even  though I don’t really approve of referendums because we have a parliamentary democracy and referendums don’t fit easily with that. It wouldn’t be a second referendum, of course - it would be a third. The first was in 1975, when we voted remain by a decisive 67%.

But the third referendum needs to be entirely different - not simply in or out, but a vote on the actual withdrawal agreement.  It could be framed like this, with voters invited to agree with one of three possible statements:

1.  The UK should leave the EU on 29 March 2019 on the terms set out in the withdrawal agreement.

2.  The U.K. should reject the withdrawal agreement and leave the EU on 29 March 2019 with no agreement

3.  The U.K. should withdraw Article 50 and remain within the EU.

amazon

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2018, 09:40:44 PM »
Perhaps saying poor judgement is too strong. A better expression would be 'their views are such as to make me doubt they would make a good councillor'.

I suspect that if people still don't realise that the EU is one of the biggest threats to Europe for many decades, I'm not going to convince then now. However, I was referring to people standing for public office. There are a great many issues, of which the EU is only one, which for me at least disqualify a candidate from consideration as a possible person I could vote for.  Unfortunately, this tends to rule out most if not all candidates at local and general elections. Perhaps I should stand myself.
I thought you said last time you were doing ,correct me if im wrong

Condate

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2018, 08:35:26 PM »
"Their judgement is poor".

Condate.  Let me put something to you.  If you want to win people over to your point of view that Brexit will be absolutely brilliant for the UK, perhaps not insulting huge swathes of population would be a start.

We all have to live together after all.

Perhaps saying poor judgement is too strong. A better expression would be 'their views are such as to make me doubt they would make a good councillor'.

I suspect that if people still don't realise that the EU is one of the biggest threats to Europe for many decades, I'm not going to convince then now. However, I was referring to people standing for public office. There are a great many issues, of which the EU is only one, which for me at least disqualify a candidate from consideration as a possible person I could vote for.  Unfortunately, this tends to rule out most if not all candidates at local and general elections. Perhaps I should stand myself.

CllrGeoffAbell

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 10:59:59 AM »

Condate.  Let me put something to you.  If you want to win people over to your point of view that Brexit will be absolutely brilliant for the UK, perhaps not insulting huge swathes of population would be a start.

Agree totally.

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2018, 10:20:45 AM »
Good morning

Thanks for your clarification Wheels.

To answer your question in my own thoughts, I voted to 'remain' after a fair amount of deliberating and discussion. I feel that the Lib Dems approach to brexit is correct, because any withdrawal if it does go through should be for the benefit of the people who live here.
As for a second referendum I wouldn't rule it out simply because the whole issue (in my opinion) appears to go round in circles and it's frustrating to listen to. Of course it's a very tricky situation but it needs sorting one way or the other, at present we are in Limbo and that doesn't help anyone.

I appreciate you asking me to state clearly, but as I have said on previous issues I am comfortable with speaking up if I oppose something or can offer any constructive suggestion, that's always been my way and I believe it's the correct approach.

Condate-thanks for your comments but I feel we must agree to disagree. I wouldn't call anyone's judgement on this situation 'poor', because it is their personal choice and I would be respectful of that regardless if it differs with my own views. The vote on 'brexit' was so close it is clear that many people have alternative opinions and I have no problem with this. I'm not quite sure on how this will define a good or bad Councillor because for the last 6 Months I have worked with many people in the area helping residents, businesses and attending meetings, I did think that putting the effort in where it is needed would give an impression of a candidates worth.   

None of this will stop me from working hard for the area I am proud to live in and be the best Councillor I can be, if I am elected.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

wheels

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2018, 08:52:43 AM »
Hi Condate

I've emailed wheels about a part of his question so as soon as I have a reply I will happily answer. I've never dodged a question on here and won't be to this one! I will post as soon as I have their reply.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

Steve thank you for your email I mean "state clearly"

andrewbowden

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2018, 10:41:39 PM »
While councillors have no influence concerning Brexit, it would be useful to have candidates' views, as any candidate who opposes Brexit shows by that opinion that their judgement is poor and so is probably not going to be a good councillor. Certainly, I couldn't vote for an anti-Brexit candidate (although that doesn't mean I'd necessarily vote for an pro-Brexit candidate purely on that one issue).

Steve Gribbon

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2018, 09:33:56 PM »
While councillors have no influence concerning Brexit, it would be useful to have candidates' views, as any candidate who opposes Brexit shows by that opinion that their judgement is poor and so is probably not going to be a good councillor. Certainly, I couldn't vote for an anti-Brexit candidate (although that doesn't mean I'd necessarily vote for an pro-Brexit candidate purely on that one issue).

Hi Condate

I've emailed wheels about a part of his question so as soon as I have a reply I will happily answer. I've never dodged a question on here and won't be to this one! I will post as soon as I have their reply.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

Condate

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2018, 09:26:02 PM »
All that is quite laudable and in another year I would be impressed Steve.. We all vote for different reasons at different time and for me this year's local elections are about maximising the anti Brexit vote. So I need you to stay clearly that your fully in line with your leaders Exit from Brexit approach.  That means no second referendum but a withdrawal of article 50. Can we have your views on this Steve.