Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North  (Read 24886 times)

Steve Gribbon

Re: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2017, 05:02:59 PM »
Thanks Geoff

I agree the groups in our area would be the envy of other communities, I'm looking forward to visiting as many as possible. I've met several but any invitations are welcome!!!

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

CllrGeoffAbell

Re: Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 12:21:41 PM »
Thanks for introducing yourself @Steve Gribbon

We have a lovely varied set of people (and over 200 clubs) and I'm sure you'll enjoy meeting most of them!

Steve Gribbon

Steve Gribbon: LibDem Candidate for Marple North
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 10:14:29 PM »
Thank you for starting the thread regarding this issue Admin.

This seems a good platform to say a little about myself, so here goes

I'm Steve Gribbon, I've lived here for 15 years and do so with my partner Rebecca and our 10 year old Son, George. We moved here because we wanted a safe friendly place to raise a family, and lots of green open space that we could enjoy. We found Marple the ideal place and have not looked back since moving here. I'm 46 years old but am thankful that I don't feel it (yet). 

In my worklife I am a watch manager (Station Officer) in the Fire Service, I have been in the job for over 25 years so I'm approaching retirement in 2022. I love the job I do, like anything it has good points, and because of the nature of what we get involved in, the bad points are usually very bad.  This has done taught me to develop a 'thick skin', and I have no issue with dealing with critical decisions. Rebecca is also a Watch Manager in the Fire Service and will progress further in the forthcoming years.

Socially I collect (and consume sometimes) good single malt scotch, enjoy keeping my fitness levels acceptable and am utterly obsessed with skiing. I love my family life, getting home from work is always such a nice feeling. I am a coach at Marple Rugby Club where George plays, and I was previously on the PTA at Rose Hill Primary School.

I want to be a Councillor as I firmly believe that we live in a wonderful area, and should be proud of what we have around us. Walking round the canal locks, the fields and the area in general makes me realise that we are a lucky community, and I want to help keep it that way, and improve where possible. I understand that there are issues to deal with, the traffic congestion (the famous Marple crawl really does need dealing with), parking, Policing and recent instances of anti social behavior have highlighted areas that need close attention. I have visited and spoken to several people who have been unfortunate victims of crime to offer reassurance, but this is who I am as a person, it's not always for the benefit of 'seen to be doing'.

I have recently started meeting people by introducing myself on roads I have visited, and found many people have constructive suggestions which I am quickly learning from and dealing with, with help from Lib Dem Councillors Geoff Abell and Malcolm Allen when it is needed. I want to meet as many people as possible and will be getting out and about as much as I can. I enjoy being contacted and feel public engagement is key in developing relationships with the people of Marple. Recent visits to see the lights being switched on at Compstall and having contact with Friends of Cromwell Park have left me feeling very welcomed.

One area I will not get involved in is negative or over-reactive comments which I have seen on many occasions spiral out of control. While I like anyone enjoy 'banter' I am a very positive person by nature and would much rather deal with important sensitive issues in a calm professional manner. I am not afraid to have my own thoughts or decisions, but I believe my manner will always be respectful.

I fully intend to be on the site offering my thoughts and opinions where I feel I can be of assistance. I want to be the very best Councillor I can be for Marple North and would love to hear from anyone who wants to be in touch. My intention is to run small meet/greet 'surgeries' in the New Year, and I will update as soon as I can with dates etc.   

Thank you for getting to the end of my page! I wish everyone a fantastic and safe festive period.

Kind regards

Steve Gribbon

Email-stevegribbonlibdems@gmail.com  Twitter- @sgribbonlibdems