Certified Charter Accountants in Marple

Author Topic: Some bad citizens of Marple  (Read 14057 times)

twinkletoes

Re: Some bad citizens of Marple
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2009, 01:16:50 PM »
Going back to stockport road! Its not safe anymore for children to be out without supervision! I feel safer when I go to the states by myself, when I walk home from work in the winter I'm on my gard! Its not fair, marple needs more police, maybe bring in a cufue for under 18 year olds!

heather

« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2009, 04:07:05 PM »
i live near the collage on buxton lane and one chap thought it was his right to lift 3 youngsters over the locked gate with their skateboards and then climb over himself and watch the lads play thats not teaching them right from wrong

stockport road

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2009, 08:39:55 AM »
If that was the case why do we have the gangs?! I'm just telling YOU how it is! MARPLE IS Boaring! 

:-[

twinkletoes

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2009, 08:53:00 PM »
If that was the case why do we have the gangs?! I'm just telling YOU how it is! MARPLE IS Boaring! 

stockport road

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 09:05:50 PM »
Marple needs somthing that isn't to do with dressing up in a uniform, what about craft activatys for people under the age of 40, dance classes that isn't full of people older than 30. Take a good look at the activatys around marple......and what do you see activaties for older people. Where are the teenager activaties? I don't want to offend anyone but marple is a much more "old person" town I have always found that even now at 25. I remember been in the carver theater group I was too old for the drama group but felt to young to be hanging out with the adults. Marple needs help, BIG TIME!

Nothing for Teenagers.... ??? ::) :o

Teenage activities should be .... Cinema going , Cycling , SkateBoarding , Football ,Rugby,  Running , Squash , Gym Fitness , Swimming .. need i go on ??

all of which i have done and still do and are easily available in the Marple area

Stop the excuses please.

twinkletoes

« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »
Marple needs somthing that isn't to do with dressing up in a uniform, what about craft activatys for people under the age of 40, dance classes that isn't full of people older than 30. Take a good look at the activatys around marple......and what do you see activaties for older people. Where are the teenager activaties? I don't want to offend anyone but marple is a much more "old person" town I have always found that even now at 25. I remember been in the carver theater group I was too old for the drama group but felt to young to be hanging out with the adults. Marple needs help, BIG TIME!

Taurus

« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2008, 03:51:31 PM »
I love living in Marple and some minority bad citizens of Marple are not going to spoil that for me. So there!

The 'bad' hoodies we have here are small time compared to other places. The groups of kids that I have seen hanging around Marple are doing just that, hanging around with their mates. I'm sure that there have been times when some have done something that they shouldn't have done but I haven't witnessed any. No where is perfect, everywhere has a social problem unless you moved to North Korea maybe.

I just love living here, I love my home, I love the fact I can walk to the countryside from my house or down the canal and when I have had a full day working in Manchester I love that bit on the train in between Romiley and Marple station - all that green and I'm almost home. At the end of holidays to Italy, New Zealand, Paris which are all beautiful places I look forward to coming home.

alison

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »
Its not just youths though - in manchester I have been hassled by obnoxious drunks of all ages! I think we have to acknowledge that there are a lot more good youngsters than idiots and not tar everyone with the same brush.
I do think parents have a responsibility in the way they bring up kids to respect the world they live in and to make sure that they understand consequences. I also agree that at times it seems like people's 'rights' seem to favour the wrong people.

Lisa Oldham

« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 02:49:10 PM »
hmm.... I think by giving children official "Human rights" we've spoilt them fo the rest of their life
and thats why we have many of the social problems we have

Children should have "childrens rights"

in my opinion ;)

am i going to be shot down in flames now !!!

Rudolph Hucker

« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 10:33:58 AM »
Welcome thought myloweb, there's a functional set in the Memorial Park that could be put to good use...

Not sure why this post has resurfaced but while I agree to some extent with twinkletoes about parental responsibility the individual (and societies behaviour toward that individual) has to take over responsibility at some stage - the age one is allowed to legally enjoy the fruits of adulthood (drive/vote/drink/etc.) perhaps?

Take a fictional me for instance. If at 12 I was drunk in the park and swearing at passers by, then quite rightly my parents would be somewhat culpable. (And if you knew my mother you'd perhaps appreciate it wouldn't happen a second time  ;D). However the same (fictional) me at 24 being drunk in the park and swearing at passers by... well that would be solely down to me (possibly accepting a weakness in character if brought about by peer pressure).

Now obviously I'm generalising here but 30 years ago if I was 12 and behaving as above, the local bobby - devoid of todays bureaucratic madness and empowered with the ability to make a judgement on behalf of the community s/he served - would clip me round the ear and tell me to get home and confess to the parents before s/he got to them. The 12 year old would respect (fear?) the bobby and do just that. The 24 year old would have a night in the cells - no arrest, no paperwork, a bucket for you know what, no electrical gadgets, no lift home; just plenty of time to ponder the merits or otherwise of the previous evenings folly.

What happens today?

myloweb

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2008, 09:57:12 AM »
Our fore fathers had the right answer. The only way to stop this is by humiliating them.....bring back the Stocks.......I'm sure a morning in them would help stop the general disregard for common decency.

twinkletoes

« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2008, 01:57:27 PM »
Right you said
It is because of this that I feel compelled to utter my disgust at the loutish  and thuggish behaviour of many of our younger and mid-twenties into thirties members of the community of Marple.

I am in my mid twentys in fact I'm 25 in a few months, when I was a teenager I loved my tracky bottoms and a tee shirt- Oh I must be a THUG! Oh I think I'll go and drink in the park, oh and swear at everyone who goes by!

Yes there are people all over the world who act like thugs and idiots, but you know what?! There are only two people to blame and its the....................PARENTS! "oh I can't control him" or "It's not up to me what they do at night"  >:( PARENTS ARE IN CONTROL, THEY ARE THE PARENTS! As for the 30 year old GROW UP! :'(

alan@marple

Some bad citizens of Marple
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2005, 07:27:52 PM »
I see the vandals have been at it again.

The telephone box in Market St has had every window smashed.....Mindless

alan@marple

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2005, 01:05:22 PM »
The Mayor, Councillor Shan Alexander, expressed concern about the yobs culture and assaults in Stockport. It would seem that Marple is considerably high in the figures compared to the rest of Stockport.(This weeks Express). Apparently many people don't bother reporting petty crime these days and so the Police detection figures are only based on reported crime

tina

« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 12:33:13 PM »
Yes Alan I think everyone is content at the moment.
It's only when some people try to 'rub' people up the wrong way that wires get crossed and then the big debate goes on.
There is always going to be 'some bad citizens' in every town. But there are more 'good' than 'bad'.     ':laugh:'