Archive > Recommended Pubs & Restaurants

Northumberland Arms at Risk!

(1/12) > >>

wheels:
Amazon I have to agree 100% with you comment. 

amazon:

--- Quote from: barndoor on September 30, 2018, 08:40:14 PM ---Enticed by the prospect of some Malaysian 'street food' and a pizza Mrs barndoor and I called into The Thumb the other weekend (the first time we've been since its renovation, as it happens). The beer was great, we loved its new decor, and the lingering odour of stale B.O. in the front room has gone. The place has much to commend it.

But that infernal slamming front door! We had planned on staying for the evening, but its relentless bone-shaking 'bang!' as people entered and left - which was frequently - quickly became too much to bear, and we left after just one drink. Perhaps the proprietors might want to consider ways of minimising its noise impact, because we certainly won't be returning until it's been addressed.

--- End quote ---
Nit picking

admin:

--- Quote from: barndoor on September 30, 2018, 08:40:14 PM ---But that infernal slamming front door! We had planned on staying for the evening, but its relentless bone-shaking 'bang!' as people entered and left - which was frequently - quickly became too much to bear, and we left after just one drink. Perhaps the proprietors might want to consider ways of minimising its noise impact, because we certainly won't be returning until it's been addressed.

--- End quote ---
I've passed that comment onto a member of the Thumb management committee.

barndoor:
Enticed by the prospect of some Malaysian 'street food' and a pizza Mrs barndoor and I called into The Thumb the other weekend (the first time we've been since its renovation, as it happens). The beer was great, we loved its new decor, and the lingering odour of stale B.O. in the front room has gone. The place has much to commend it.

But that infernal slamming front door! We had planned on staying for the evening, but its relentless bone-shaking 'bang!' as people entered and left - which was frequently - quickly became too much to bear, and we left after just one drink. Perhaps the proprietors might want to consider ways of minimising its noise impact, because we certainly won't be returning until it's been addressed.

admin:
Here's another little video about the Thumb from Manchester TV:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version