A gentle and effective approach to whole body health, to help reduce pain, improve mobility and promote healing

Author Topic: Greater Manchester Spatial Framework - proposed built development sites  (Read 49007 times)

jimblob

Re: Greater Manchester Spatial Framework - proposed built development sites
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2016, 08:53:00 AM »
The opening music is from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. I don't know what the rest is.

It would be very interesting to know who made that video, which is put together like a piece of extremist political propaganda!  Everything about it - the photography, the sinister artificial voice over, the threatening music, is designed to convey a very powerful message.

No doubt there is a very good case to be made against this proposed development, but this video is way over the top!

Disagree... I think it conveys the severity of this proposal all too clearly. We're spending millions on improving access into Stockport and leaving acres of brownfield sites within Stockport undeveloped that already have planning permission, yet are suggesting to build on green belt land outside of Stockport and create a whole new transportation problem. It really doesn't add up!

simonesaffron

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2016, 06:12:41 AM »
The GMSF is a proposition of mass environmental vandalism, the like of which has never been seen before. It is a 'plan,' (and I use the term loosely)  that although taking years to formulate has just not been thought through properly. It will destroy large areas of greenbelt in Stockport in general and in Maple in particular. Marple will  be changed for the worse forever and we will never recover from this criminal urbanisation.

The sad irony of this in Stockport is that there are many Brownfield sites that could be used for housing some of these sites have had planning permission granted for years yet no attempt to build upon them has ever been started. Our local councillors could start their resistance by bringing a list of these sites to the Area Committee.

Speaking of local councillors, I have thought now for a long time that the only way to resist this urbanisation in Stockport is for the borough to opt out of the GMSF, nothing has yet been finally agreed so this is a real possibility. I was therefore pleasantly surprised to hear that at the last Full Council Meeting, such an action was proposed as a motion amendment by the Lib Dems, proposed by Cllr Mark Hunter and seconded by Councillor Lisa Smart. The amendment was lost and was voted against by Labour and the Tories combined.

The question is begging, where were Marple's Conservative councillors on this, why didn't you support the motion. Towing the party line again? Putting party before constituents whilst lipserving...."save the greenbelt?           

Dave

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2016, 05:43:42 PM »
The opening music is from Carmina Burana by Carl Orff. I don't know what the rest is.

It would be very interesting to know who made that video, which is put together like a piece of extremist political propaganda!  Everything about it - the photography, the sinister artificial voice over, the threatening music, is designed to convey a very powerful message.

No doubt there is a very good case to be made against this proposed development, but this video is way over the top!

amazon

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2016, 03:37:50 PM »
Here's a lengthy but eye-opening video touring the perimeter of the countryside that the proposed site at High Lane will cover.

Entitled: Destruction of Greenbelt farmland at High Lane in Stockport

What a video .whats the music from .

barndoor

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2016, 11:38:40 AM »
Thanks for this video Admin - very informative. The proposed housing will cut a swathe through countryside in Windlehurst and High Lane that Mrs bd and I enjoy walking through; and the scenery is stunning. Even on a grey, drizzly day.

I've recreated a plan of the site (below). The red line marks the approximate boundary of the site and (for context) the blue line represents the canal.

One building site quickly leads to another nearby, and depressingly I believe that this is only the start of a major housebuilding plan for the area.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2016, 06:18:47 AM »
Here's a lengthy but eye-opening video touring the perimeter of the countryside that the proposed site at High Lane will cover.

Entitled: Destruction of Greenbelt farmland at High Lane in Stockport

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2016, 04:48:19 PM »
The email I received says that the extraordinary meeting of the Area Committee on 30 November is at High Lane Village Hall starting at 6.00pm; but it also says that the issue will be discussed at the scheduled meeting of the Area Committee in Marple Senior Citizens Hall on 14 December 2016 at 6.00pm. 

It says Council Officers will be in attendance at both meetings to make a presentation and answer any questions you may have.

On the council web site agendas page it shows a meeting at High Lane on 23 November but nothing on 30th at the moment, so I assume this needs to catch-up?
Thanks for that Mark

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2016, 04:32:12 PM »
The email I received says that the extraordinary meeting of the Area Committee on 30 November is at High Lane Village Hall starting at 6.00pm; but it also says that the issue will be discussed at the scheduled meeting of the Area Committee in Marple Senior Citizens Hall on 14 December 2016 at 6.00pm. 

It says Council Officers will be in attendance at both meetings to make a presentation and answer any questions you may have.

On the council web site agendas page it shows a meeting at High Lane on 23 November but nothing on 30th at the moment, so I assume this needs to catch-up?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

mikes

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2016, 12:08:14 PM »
That's a pity (but understandable). I was definitely going to go when it was in Marple; just a short walk from home, but I'll have to think about it now.

ditto

Condate

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2016, 11:01:40 AM »
Update it will be held at High Lane Village Hall on 30 November 2016 at 6.00pm

That's a pity (but understandable). I was definitely going to go when it was in Marple; just a short walk from home, but I'll have to think about it now.

JohnBates

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2016, 10:44:25 AM »
Just had notification that there will be an extra-ordinary meeting of the Marple Area Committee to be held on Wednesday 30 November 2016 at 6pm in Marple Senior Citizens Hall in the Memorial Park  to consider the Greater Manchester Spatial Framework.

Further information can be viewed on the Combined Authority website:        www.greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk/GMSF

Councillors are extremely keen that residents attend so please spread the word.

Update it will be held at High Lane Village Hall on 30 November 2016 at 6.00pm

jimblob

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 03:32:13 PM »
completely agree...
as per my original post on this thread.
"Who's going to drive to Hazel Grove (painful enough already) and THEN opt to get on a bus rather than remain in the comfort of their own car?"

I might however consider using a bus to get to a station rather than risk leaving my car in in an unsecured car park every day.

no, I'd leave my car at home and get a bus to the station, but not drive to a park and ride and THEN get on a bus.

jimblob

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2016, 03:29:45 PM »
and you really think the new road will remove traffic from the A6 in Hazel Grove... ? the very fact that there are mitigation measures in place by Stockport Council suggests they think otherwise as well.

ringi

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2016, 02:11:42 PM »
Firstly if I recall correct, the Hazel Grove park and ride was paid for by the bus company.

I expect there will be buses from there to the airport once the new road opens aimed at airport workers etc.

As to parking at the P&R and then getting the 192, this can save someone the cost of parking in town and save them the walk from the car park to their employment depending where they are working.   But it takes time for people to change their travel habits.

Hopefully bus lane will be put all long the A6 as soon as the new roads takes some of the cars, hence speeding up the buses.

Condate

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2016, 04:57:38 PM »
completely agree...
as per my original post on this thread.
"Who's going to drive to Hazel Grove (painful enough already) and THEN opt to get on a bus rather than remain in the comfort of their own car?"

I might however consider using a bus to get to a station rather than risk leaving my car in in an unsecured car park every day.

Have I missed something, or are you completely agreeing with yourself?