Landscape Gardening Maintenance Marple & Marple Bridge

Author Topic: Memorial Park House  (Read 2609 times)

wardie

Memorial Park House
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 09:49:11 PM »
Thanks Mark, checked the minutes as directed.

My wife has suggested to me some time ago a tea room/cafe, maybe in the buildings next to the bowling green, however it looks as though the Park Cottage could accommodate this, with funding from the Lottery!

Maybe a combined Tea Room/Tourist Info would be feasible.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
Memorial Park House
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 09:05:26 PM »
Check out the Friends of Marple Memorial Park minutes on their site at http://www.marplememorialpark.org.uk

The Council have confirmed to the Friends that there are conditions within the deeds to the park that prevent them selling it for non-community use.

The Friends are keen to see the house put to good use and Peter Bardsley will be asking the Area Committee to advise their intentions for the house on Wednesday night and stressing the Group's desires to see it put to use in the community in some way.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

wardie

Memorial Park House
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 08:58:39 PM »
Recently the house on the edge of Memorial Park by Station Road was boarded up (I assume after the sudden death of Jim Heald), and I was wondering if the boards are to be a  permanent feature as it looks a bit of an eyesore.  

This is a great shame as the house has lots of character and it really detracts from a lovely area.