Brabyns Preparatory School -Scholarships

Author Topic: 92-94 Church Lane Development  (Read 28004 times)

amazon

Re: 92-94 Church Lane Development
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2019, 08:26:46 PM »
I used to near a Tesco Express Petrol Express in South West London.  Tesco bought a pub 100m away, closed it down and opened another Tesco Express in the pub building. 

Both Tesco Expresses remain open to this day.

I'm pretty sure Co-op wouldn't be taking on another store if they didn't think they can make having two work.  Given the position of the new store, I suspect it's likely to be Asda and Iceland that stand to lose from it.  But equally it could bring in more customers due to the sheer convenience of having a late opening store on their doorstep.
shame its not going to be bigger ideal place would have been sorting office they could then go to the old baths site put another floor in remodernise with latest sortin machinery .

andrewbowden

« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2019, 01:43:49 PM »
Hmm. I wouldn't bank on that.  No doubt the Co-op will keep the Texaco garage site open for a while after the new branch has opened, but if the takings go down at Texaco (which they probably will), then I should imagine they will give it up.

I used to near a Tesco Express Petrol Express in South West London.  Tesco bought a pub 100m away, closed it down and opened another Tesco Express in the pub building. 

Both Tesco Expresses remain open to this day.

I'm pretty sure Co-op wouldn't be taking on another store if they didn't think they can make having two work.  Given the position of the new store, I suspect it's likely to be Asda and Iceland that stand to lose from it.  But equally it could bring in more customers due to the sheer convenience of having a late opening store on their doorstep.

Dave

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2019, 01:34:13 PM »
I asked the other day when I was picking up groceries at the Co-op and they will be staying there.

Hmm. I wouldn't bank on that.  No doubt the Co-op will keep the Texaco garage site open for a while after the new branch has opened, but if the takings go down at Texaco (which they probably will), then I should imagine they will give it up.   

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2019, 12:53:30 PM »
It's taking forever to get things going on the Albert Schools site. Is there a problem with footings for the new buildings?

amazon

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2019, 08:13:30 PM »
I asked the other day when I was picking up groceries at the Co-op and they will be staying there.

And on the issue of the Co-op's grocery prices - I went into Asda with a friend a while back. (I don't use Asda myself as I don't approve of its parent company's attitude to its suppliers and staff). I was shocked at how expensive their food is! Co-op for me -

My Co-op savings over the year paid for a weekend in a hotel when I was attending a reunion last October!
Very good coop for you then

My login is Henrietta

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2019, 07:40:54 PM »
The Coop probably wouldn't give up the texaco. They make to much money on the over inflated fuel prices.

And on the issue of the Co-op's grocery prices - I went into Asda with a friend a while back. (I don't use Asda myself as I don't approve of its parent company's attitude to its suppliers and staff). I was shocked at how expensive their food is! Co-op for me -

My Co-op savings over the year paid for a weekend in a hotel when I was attending a reunion last October!

mikes

« Reply #76 on: November 21, 2019, 06:21:48 PM »
Pity its not the whole area .

Agreed. 

amazon

« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2019, 04:39:43 PM »
Yes, excellent news.  :)
Pity its not the whole area .

Dave

« Reply #74 on: November 20, 2019, 04:33:38 PM »
Yes, excellent news.  :)

mikes

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2019, 06:42:07 PM »
Great news, I can't stand ASDA and the Coop will be well frequented by me.

andrewbowden

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2019, 03:39:37 PM »
Managed to accidentally stumble on this PDF whilst searching Google for something else.
https://realla-media.freetls.fastly.net/uploads/property/brochures/original/jdOavA5nMXWbObsXGAXEQQ

Basically Co-op is lined up on a fifteen year lease on the retail unit, as has been the rumour for a while.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2019, 06:26:28 AM »
Albert Schools is now a pile of bricks

Thanks to David Burridge we now have a selection of photos on the Virtual History Tour showing the state of play on Saturday 22 June:

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

PhilB

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2019, 06:33:26 PM »
The Coop probably wouldn't give up the texaco. They make to much money on the over inflated fuel prices.

mikes

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2019, 03:42:34 PM »
no photos .

Here you go:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dave

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2019, 03:14:22 PM »

I have heard a strong rumour that it will actually be the Co-Op! Of course this may not be true, it is only rumour as far as I know.

That wouldn’t surprise me. I can imagine that they would be interested in opening a bigger convenience store than the very small one at the Texaco garage. And then maybe giving up the Texaco site?