Marple Health - for Wholefoods and Supplements to look GOOD and feel GREAT!

Author Topic: 92-94 Church Lane Development  (Read 28281 times)

wheels

Re: 92-94 Church Lane Development
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2018, 02:46:34 PM »
But doesn't sharing the petition give false hope to those who started it,  is it not better to feed back to them your perfectly sensible comments about it being too late and people must try and understand what's going on around them and learn how the system works.

I don't see how a petition or anything else can make any difference at this late stage after the plans are approved but maybe people have to learn that for themselves.

Somehow people need to become more aware of what is going on around them at the start rather than when it's all done and dusted. However, I didn't see that as a reason not to share the petition.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2018, 01:38:49 PM »
And do what with it

The petition? Whatever they want to do with it.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2018, 01:36:32 PM »
I agree that it's far too late to do anything about this now but I'm not aware of the building even coming on the open market. The first time I was aware of anything going on was when I started this thread in May 2016. This was when Emery Planning were consulting on their first proposals: http://www.emeryplanning.com/public-consultation/92-94-church-lane-marple/

I don't see how a petition or anything else can make any difference at this late stage after the plans are approved but maybe people have to learn that for themselves.

Somehow people need to become more aware of what is going on around them at the start rather than when it's all done and dusted. However, I didn't see that as a reason not to share the petition.
And do what with it

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2018, 12:21:38 PM »
To late, given how long the building was on the market for, they could have brought it themselves and done something with it.

I agree that it's far too late to do anything about this now but I'm not aware of the building even coming on the open market. The first time I was aware of anything going on was when I started this thread in May 2016. This was when Emery Planning were consulting on their first proposals: http://www.emeryplanning.com/public-consultation/92-94-church-lane-marple/

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2018, 10:24:18 AM »
A petition has been started by local people who want to try and save the Albert Schools building.

Albert Schools Petition link

For what its a mess needs coming down .move on

ringi

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2018, 10:23:37 AM »
A petition has been started by local people who want to try and save the Albert Schools building.

To late, given how long the building was on the market for, they could have brought it themselves and done something with it.

andrewbowden

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2018, 09:10:56 AM »
Irrespective of what you may thinm of this descision people seem to wilfully not understand the planning process.

I was thinking that myself.

Incidentally, I was once told by a councillor NEVER EVER sign a petition when it comes to planning.  That's because - in their council at least - a petition is counted as one submission in the planning process.  Doesn't matter how many people sign it - that's irrelevant.  It's one submission.

And it's the number of submissions that are important.  So if you object or support a planning application and someone wants you to sign a petition about it, don't.  Write a letter instead.  That way you know for sure it will be counted and tallied.

wheels

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2018, 08:45:26 AM »
Irrespective of what you may thinm of this descision people seem to wilfully not understand the planning process.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2018, 05:57:11 AM »

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

andrewbowden

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2018, 01:23:55 PM »
Perfect for a small M&S Food, fingers crossed. I can understand the residents annoyed that they decided to place the two buildings at the back of the site, and certainly having parking fronting the road where the more historic building was isn’t ideal, but at least they altered the plans to provide some activity and retail fronting market street. With the right well-known name it could have a great effect, book-ending the main shopping area between here and Asda and drawing footfall between the two... and finally some choice.

I did run through the "usual" suspects in my mind.  Sainsburys and Tesco are obvious candidates. As is M&S.  But with Sainsburys buying Asda, that seems less likely.  Co-op would be another.  But there's one here already.  Not that that necessarily means anything.  I used to live somewhere where Tesco bought a much loved pub, closed it down and turned it into a Tesco Express.  The nearest Tesco Express to that?  A mere 100m away...

We will see.  I could be reading too much into the fact that there's a cash machine in the plans.  But quite often these things are tied up ahead of the planning application being granted.  Some years ago I lived near another pub that was sold and shut down.  The owners put in planning permission to convert the garden for housing, rebuild the upstairs for flats but keep the ground floor as a "pub/bar".  And within days of planning permission being granted it was announced Sainsburys would be moving in.  There'd never been any intention to keep it as a pub.  It had been a done deal from day one.  Anyway, that's by the by, but it shows the planning and preparation that goes into these kind of developments.

rsh

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2018, 12:56:30 PM »
With it approved, I wonder how long it will take before the retailer is announced.  I am assuming there is one lined up.  Given there is a cash machine on the plans, it screams mini supermarket to me.

Perfect for a small M&S Food, fingers crossed. I can understand the residents annoyed that they decided to place the two buildings at the back of the site, and certainly having parking fronting the road where the more historic building was isn’t ideal, but at least they altered the plans to provide some activity and retail fronting market street. With the right well-known name it could have a great effect, book-ending the main shopping area between here and Asda and drawing footfall between the two... and finally some choice.

amazon

« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2018, 01:22:05 PM »
I'm not sure if this will be called up (for Committee review).
What you can do is find it on the Planning Portal and then track it - you will have to register to do that. I think you will then get email updates.The other thing is to keep your eye on Area Committee agendas. If it does get called up I think it will go to Marple Area Committee first.

http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData-live/search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application
Thanks for your help

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2018, 05:40:14 AM »
DC/071375 I have not objected to this just interested being across from me. It looks good wont see a lot of it its down bottom of garden
I'm not sure if this will be called up (for Committee review).
What you can do is find it on the Planning Portal and then track it - you will have to register to do that. I think you will then get email updates.The other thing is to keep your eye on Area Committee agendas. If it does get called up I think it will go to Marple Area Committee first.

http://planning.stockport.gov.uk/PlanningData-live/search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application

Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

amazon

« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2018, 08:45:54 PM »
Not all applications go to the Planning and Highways Committee, some go to the Area Committee and some are decided just by the planners. There's a set of criteria that decides what the approval level has to be and I think it includes the number of objections received.

The next Planning and Highways meetings are 10 January and 14 February, see here: http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/ieListMeetings.aspx?CommitteeId=150

The Marple Area Committee meetings are always announced in their own thread.

Which planning application is it that you are interested in?
DC/071375 I have not objected to this just interested being across from me. It looks good wont see a lot of it its down bottom of garden

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2018, 08:40:19 PM »
Agree there admin i enjoyed watching this last night .can you tell me what dates the planning meetings are .there will be one local planning application that i am interested in .

Not all applications go to the Planning and Highways Committee, some go to the Area Committee and some are decided just by the planners. There's a set of criteria that decides what the approval level has to be and I think it includes the number of objections received.

The next Planning and Highways meetings are 10 January and 14 February, see here: http://democracy.stockport.gov.uk/ieListMeetings.aspx?CommitteeId=150

The Marple Area Committee meetings are always announced in their own thread.

Which planning application is it that you are interested in?
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website