A.C.M. Financial Services Ltd - for all aspects of financial planning

Author Topic: Moving to Marple  (Read 6037 times)

My login is Henrietta

Re: Moving to Marple
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 02:41:48 PM »
We currently in the process of moving into Marple, we have had a Chancel Check done and it is saying our address is located within the historical boundary of the tithe district within a parish which continues to have a potential chancel repair liability. Has anyone else had this Chancel check done? We never heard anything like this before, were trying to find out whether our property is liable or not and not having much luck either
If you Google "the historical boundary of the tithe district within a parish which continues to have a potential chancel repair liability, you will find some more information about this.

As far as I know Marple falls in the parishes of St Martin's, Low Marple and All Saints, Marple. I think (repeat "I think") that All Saints Church has glebeland but not sure about St Martin's. There are also St Mary's RC church in Marple Bridge and Holy Spirit RC church in Marple. I don't now if or how the RC churches feature in the chancel repair liability rules.

Hope this helps.
Don't look for the light at the end of the tunnel -  stomp along there and turn the bl**dy thing on yourself!

s186

Moving to Marple
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 01:38:08 PM »
We currently in the process of moving into Marple, we have had a Chancel Check done and it is saying our address is located within the historical boundary of the tithe district within a parish which continues to have a potential chancel repair liability. Has anyone else had this Chancel check done? We never heard anything like this before, were trying to find out whether our property is liable or not and not having much luck either