Marple Glass and Glazing

Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 91064 times)

Russ

Re: EU Referendum
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2016, 05:41:57 PM »
We don't have to believe all that David Cameron spouts, he must think he's onto a loser to spend £9,000,000 of taxpayers money sending leaflets to every single home in the country in an attempt to manipulate people who can't think for themselves. Or are browbeaten & brainwashed by others.

Our politicians are just puppets bought and paid for by the big companies (Bankers, Pharmaceuticals, oil, insurers, etc.) and will do what their masters tell them to do. They don't work for our benefit, only who pays them the most to advance the agendas that make the big companies more profit. Here in the UK, they couldn't care less what we the ordinary people want or need.

It matters little what the few of us think or are speculating one way or the other but it keeps idle hands occupied on keyboards eh.

hatter76

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2016, 05:11:03 PM »

The choice is perhaps a simple one although this is not the same as an easy one. We are either vote for being governed by faceless bureaucrats in Brussels or by the Conservative party in Westminster.

Word such as rock, hard and place come to mind.   

The difference is one is a democracy the other is a form of bureaucratic rule. The EU parliament is an upper chamber similar to the Lords, it doesn't drive the agenda or make the laws, this is done by the Council of Ministers that is unelected.

Most of our countries laws now come from the unelected nightmare. It time to put our own county and democracy first.

admin

• Administrator
    • The Marple Website
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2016, 04:41:36 PM »
That's enough talk about racism on here.

I've removed the embedded video because I don't want it to be viewed via The Marple Website.

Further posts with references to race and racism will be removed.
Mark Whittaker
The Marple Website

Dave

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2016, 03:49:41 PM »
Well well - Russ is now attempting to cover his tracks.  First he posts this introduction to the notorious video clip:
Marple is at present cocooned from the problems being suffered in other parts of the country, some of them too close for comfort eg Rotherham, Bradford, Oldham, Ashton & Hyde.

Then he says it wasn't about race at all:
You are still missing the point Dave. The lack of Police presence is the point

So 'the problems being suffered in other parts of the country' illustrated by that video were of course shortages of police officers!  Of course - silly us, why didn't we realise it was nothing to do with people of different ethnic backgrounds throwing things at each other!

You know what they say, Russ - when you're in a  hole, stop digging!  ;)

simonesaffron

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2016, 02:39:19 PM »
That's completely untrue Russ,

Dave disagrees with no more than 85% posted on this website.

My dad was a 'bobby on the beat' in the 1960s.He regularly came home with injuries after one or even s few of Russ's happy citizens had attacked him. Once he was attacked with a scythe another time he was hospitalized when a happy citizen of the 60s drove a garden fork through his leg, happy times eh, and all pre Europe.

You are going of the subject Russ with your racist video posts and the mantra about stretched infrastructure and a sinking island has been done to death. If you Brexiteers want to win the debate you'll need to do better.     

Russ

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2016, 01:31:13 PM »
I have not suggested Russ is a racist, but that Youtube channel is full of truly nasty racist propaganda, and if anyone doubts that, have a look at the comments below the videos.  It's like picking up a  stone and seeing something really unpleasant crawling around underneath it.

But let's just take the clip that Russ actually posted.  There is a scuffle going on.  Someone has got a rifle.  There are people from different ethnic groups.  We don't know if any are Muslims, and if so, how many.   We don't know if any are immigrants, and if so, how many (most Muslims in the UK are British).   We don't know how it started, and we don't know how it ended.  If some of the people we see are immigrants, did they come to the UK this year, last year, or 20 years ago?  We know nothing.  All we know is that whoever made the video and posted it on Youtube was trying to stir up racial hatred.  It's contemptible, and it's completely irrelevant to the EU referendum!

I think I need to go and have a shower now!

You are still missing the point Dave. The lack of Police presence is the point, but you persist in trying to turn it.
We have enough Police no-go areas already. Staying in the EU with its freedom of movement is not going to help our already over stretched infrastructure. We do not have the resources to control these situations even if they were allowed to go into these places.

BTW Dave, I mustn't take offence, you do seem to sit in permanently disagreeing with almost everything  posted on this forum.  ::)

wheels

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2016, 01:17:41 PM »
I too remember the 60s and apart from my youth, I wouldn't want any of it back.

The choice is perhaps a simple one although this is not the same as an easy one. We are either vote for being governed by faceless bureaucrats in Brussels or by the Conservative party in Westminster.

You make a good point there Simon.  Indeed I often wonder why people think laws made in London are in some way better than laws made in Brussels.

What in my view the European Parliament needs is the ability to directly tax us. Once a parliament can tax it's electors it becomes much more accountable.

Dave

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2016, 12:59:25 PM »
I have not suggested Russ is a racist, but that Youtube channel is full of truly nasty racist propaganda, and if anyone doubts that, have a look at the comments below the videos.  It's like picking up a  stone and seeing something really unpleasant crawling around underneath it.

But let's just take the clip that Russ actually posted.  There is a scuffle going on.  Someone has got a rifle.  There are people from different ethnic groups.  We don't know if any are Muslims, and if so, how many.   We don't know if any are immigrants, and if so, how many (most Muslims in the UK are British).   We don't know how it started, and we don't know how it ended.  If some of the people we see are immigrants, did they come to the UK this year, last year, or 20 years ago?  We know nothing.  All we know is that whoever made the video and posted it on Youtube was trying to stir up racial hatred.  It's contemptible, and it's completely irrelevant to the EU referendum!

I think I need to go and have a shower now! 

wheels

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2016, 12:50:26 PM »

You make a good point there Simon.  Indeed I often wonder why people think laws made in London are in some way better than laws made in Brussels.

What in my view the European Parliament needs is the ability to directly tax us. Once a parliament can tax it's electors it becomes much more accountable.

Russ

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2016, 12:27:11 PM »
What a truly depressing post.  Click the 'youtube' link on that video clip, and prepare to be taken to more very unpleasant and openly racist propaganda.  Nasty company our Russ is keeping!   :(

Dave, I am not in any way racist, where did that come from? I grew up in a mining town with school chums of every nationality some of whom are still chums to this day.

I have no issues with immigration just the lack of integration that results in the ghetto & no-go areas that are now prevalent in many towns & cities in our country. maybe you should go visit a few, on your own.

The point I was making is this goes on daily in some areas & the police keep well away, scared of the PC brigade calling them racist. Turning it to try & suit your argument for "IN" & looking at other vids totally different to the one I posted does not help your cause.

Dave

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2016, 10:41:38 AM »
What a truly depressing post.  Click the 'youtube' link on that video clip, and prepare to be taken to more very unpleasant and openly racist propaganda.  Nasty company our Russ is keeping!   :(

Russ

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2016, 08:15:37 AM »

Never thought I'd ever hear anyone say that, we had a fantastic time as youngsters in the '60s, never before or since has life been so good imo, we all had jobs, motorbikes, cars, out the dance halls every w/e, pubs, clubs were all buzzing. We didn't need multi-point locking on all our doors & windows, very little burglary 'cos everyone was working. And, a bobby on every street corner to make us feel safe/behave.

Marple is at present cocooned from the problems being suffered in other parts of the country, some of them too close for comfort eg Rotherham, Bradford, Oldham, Ashton & Hyde.

Now all we have to look forward to is this, coming to a place near you soon if we stay in the EU & not a bobby to be seen:

The video referred to has been removed as I do not wish it to be embedded in The Marple Website - Admin.

simonesaffron

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2016, 07:22:40 AM »

Russ

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2016, 05:53:41 AM »
Geoff, you obviously weren't in industry if ever back then. I was involved in the Engineering apprentice strike in '65, we were paid £2/19s/6d per week at Craven Bro's in Reddish, which just about covered our bus fares & canteen dinners. I was better off at school with a saturday job getting 15s/0d for delivering groceries.

Wildcat strikes! most were initiated by the factory bosses to slow down production due to their own inadequacy.

The 3 day week was the result of the Government wanting to play strong arm with Scargill, which resulted in the beginning  of the end of the mining industry for their very arrogant & foolish attitude. You might remember all our young men Maggie got killed & maimed sending them off to a futile war with Argentina, another strong arm foolish move instead of negotiation.

Get the facts right & in perspective. Haven't we had enough of puppet rulers who are only in it for their own ends. i was hoping Blair would be the last of that warmongering ilk.

Excuse my deliberate errors in previous post just checking to see if anybody was paying attention.  ;)

Russ

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2016, 07:46:24 PM »
Russ - In the 60s and 70s wildcat strikes (it was known as the "English Disease") did cause economic problems.  Remember the 3-day working week?

Geoff, you obviously weren't in work if ever back then. I was involved in the Engineering apprentice strike in '65, we were paid £2/19s/6d per week at Craven Bro's in Reddish, which just about covered our bus fares & canteen dinners. I was better off at school with a saturday job getting 15s/0d for delivering groceries.

Wildcat strikes! most were initiated by the factory bosses to slow down production due to their own inadequacy.

The 3 day week was the result of Maggie Thatcher wanting to play strong arm with Scargill, which resulted in the beginning  of the end of the mining industry for her very arrogant & foolish attitude. You might remember all our young men she got killed & maimed sending them off to a futile war with Argentina, another strong arm foolish move instead of negotiation.

Get the facts right & in perspective. Haven't we had enough of puppet rulers who are only in it for their own ends. i was hoping Blair would be the last of that warmongering ilk.